Reporting to: Head of Sales
Work location: Cork, Ireland
Salary: To be discussed
The Job: An exciting opportunity to ensure the commercial team are technically excellent and the company continue to be a market leader in its key market segments, also to identify and validate product development opportunities, particularly in its key product categories.
· Work with the sales team to ensure that the team is technically confident when detailing our products and providing compelling evidence as to why Mervue products should be used. This will be achieved with training sessions and dual calling with the Mervue sales team.
· Identify, build and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders, major accounts, distributors whose support could increase our reputation and enhance the market.
· Support the new product development team in new product development and research.
· Remain current with new developments in the field of nutritional in order to provide information to R & D.
· Responsibility for organising and collating trail work as deemed appropriate based on necessity or feedback from the team regarding the competition.
· Manage and resolve customer complaints and technical queries.
· Regular attendance at industry technical meetings will be required.
· Technical induction for any new members of the commercial team.
· Liaise with the marketing manager to ensure technical input on marketing campaigns and supporting editorial.
· Travel will be required internationally to customer meetings and trade events, covering all of Ireland, Europe and occasional travel to Asia.
· Veterinary Degree with a specialization in the Poultry Segment.
· Experience and willingness to expand in to other segments would be a distinct advantage.
· Clinical veterinary experience.
· Previous Commercial animal health experience and a network in the industry would be a distinct advantage.
· Fluency in written and spoken English.
Key Skills, Abilities & Competencies
· Strong problem-solving skills to root cause and sustainably resolve problems.
· The ability to actively identify and plan product improvements.
· Self-motivated, determined and able to work under own initiative.
· Analytical skills with good attention to detail.
· High level of integrity and trust as a representative of Mervue Laboratories Ireland.
· Ability to work under pressure in a challenging and fast-moving environment.
Please send your CV to roxy@agriFJ.co.uk.