Reporting to: Head of Sales
Work location: North Yorkshire
Salary: To be discussed
This role is working for a successful and highly reputable animal feed company. The candidate will be responsible for selling dairy feed to new and existing customers across the North of England.
· Service existing accounts, obtain orders and establish new accounts by planning and organising daily work schedules to call on existing and potential customers.
· Listen to customer requirements and present appropriately to make a sale.
· Recommend changes in products and services by evaluating results using costings and rationing software when and where required.
· Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems and developing solutions in line with company policy.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending and participating in sales meetings/workshops and sharing best practice with colleagues.
· Review professional publications and establish personal networks.
· Contribute to team effort by accomplishing results as needed.
· Develop new markets in areas that are currently not covered by the company.
· Participate in pricing meetings with a view to achieving required margins in line with company policy.
· Partake in company promotions as and when required and feed buying trends back to management.
· Constantly review sales performance.
· Develop business plans in conjunction with management and develop an active database of potential and existing customers.
· Visit and speak to customers on a timely basis in order to maintain contact over the long term to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
· Adhere to all company policies, business ethics and codes and make sure they are communicated and implemented.
· In addition to the above, the post holder will be expected to carry out any reasonable task which falls within the scope and purpose of the post.
· Willing to travel and easily commutable to the head office.
· Must have experience selling ruminant feed.
· Good knowledge of dairy feed.
· Happy to work from home and be on the road.
Please send your CV to kate@agriFJ.co.uk.