My client is seeking an enthusiastic person to manage their herd of 80 pedigree Holstein cows plus followers, based in Cheshire.
- Routine feeding, scraping out, bedding.
- Monitoring yield – 10,000 l/cow.
- Animal husbandry.
- Monitoring livestock.
- Fertility control, including AI and implementing fertility programme.
- Tractor work.
- Ensure that farm activities comply with government regulations.
- Apply health and safety standards across the farm.
- Tesco correspondence (QVIS / Milkminder).
- Document results for analysis.
- Provide monthly information for management reporting.
- Plan finances and production to maintain farm progress against budget parameters.
- Plan around external factors, e.g., weather.
- Planning work schedules.
- Meeting with professional advisors.
- Planning vet visits.
- School visits.
- Robotic milking experience.
- Competent tractor driver.
- Commitment to animal welfare.
- IT skills – MUST be computer literate.
- Artificial insemination (not essential).
- Foot trimming (not essential).
- £25K - £30K depending upon experience.
- Further training will be provided with definite opportunity for career progression.
- Accommodation available (3 bedroom house).
A highly rewarding position, giving you the opportunity to work within a committed team.
If you wish to be considered for this position please send your CV and covering letter to emma@agriFJ.co.uk