Cattle and Sheep Knowledge Exchange Manager
Body of the Scottish Government promoting sustainability and prosperity within the red meat sector.
Main purpose of job: Manage the delivery of industry development activity, coordinate programmes, engage with stakeholder bodies and deliver events/resources through Industry facing activities. Working closely with beef & sheep producers and industry partners throughout Scotland.
Hours: 35hrs Monday – Friday however, given the nature of the role the hours of work are not always of a fixed nature.
- Manage key Industry development projects within the budget allocated, provide accurate and appropriate reporting information for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- Line manage other staff as required.
- Provide technical support to stakeholders and wider red meat supply chain when requested.
- Work with levy payers and relevant organisations to explain the role of the company and its work on behalf of the Scottish red meat industry and Scottish agriculture in general.
- Support the Head of Industry Development with an understanding of the industry landscape and its technical challenges.
- Work alongside research bodies and innovation institutions to identify future production systems and methods of working to increase efficiency of the beef and sheep industry.
- Ensure key outputs derived from industry development activity are disseminated to industry by designing easy to digest content for a range of media format including podcasts, webinars, videos, and written media.
- Deliver industry development activities and projects to beef and sheep producers as directed by the industry development workplan alongside agreed industry partners.
- Work closely with all other colleagues as and when relevant.
- Act as first point of contact for beef and sheep levy payers and stakeholders / professionals looking for technical information.
- Work with communications team to design and deliver knowledge exchange materials including written publications, podcasts, technical videos and case studies.
- Represent the company at stakeholder meetings and contribute to discussions and activities.
- Work alongside stakeholders to communicate key information in an easy to digest format to levy payers. Recommend actions that enhance effectiveness of stakeholder engagement and work with stakeholders to ensure actions benefit the Scottish Red Meat industry.
E = Essential
D = Desirable
- Further educational attainment covering relevant aspects of beef and/or sheep production. E
- Degree or Post Graduate Qualifications in Animal Science, Agriculture or related subject. D
- Strong project management skills. E
- An understanding and working knowledge of beef and sheep production. E
- Budget management experience. D
- 3 years practical experience within the livestock sector. D
Skills, Knowledge and Ability:
- An understanding and working knowledge of beef and sheep production and the Scottish and UK livestock industry. E
- Knowledge and experience of KE within the red meat sector. E
- Evidence of knowledge transfer ability. E
- Persuasive communicator with strong oral and written skills and an ability to create material appropriate for a range of communication channels. E
- Computer skills, including the ability to effectively use Microsoft Office programs. E
- Commercially minded, with a comprehensive understanding of farm business management and the red meat supply chain. D
- Previous facilitation/consultancy experience demonstrating credibility and positive engagement with farmers. D
- Ability to prepare written reports and press articles that are clear, concise and accurate. D
- Evidence of good presentation skills. D
- Evidence of capability across social media channels. D
- Willingness to travel across Scotland and UK wide. E
- A current clean driving license. E
- Willingness to attend events outside of normal working hours. E
- Ability to be office based for a least 1 day per week. D
- Salary between £35K - £43K depending on experience.
Please send your CV to Emma@agriFJ.co.uk if you are interested and you will be contacted if you are a suitable match. For more information please call 01527 878 550.