Business Development Manager
Location(s) - South West, Midlands & North England
Salary - An attractive remuneration package is on offer including a competitive salary and a company car / car allowance.
Sector - Agricultural Technology, Sales & Marketing
Contract Type - Permanent Full Time
Herdwatch is the market-leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) farm management app & platform in Ireland and the UK, used on over 10,000 farms. To support our ambitious strategic growth plans and take advantage of substantial new commercial opportunities available to us as the leading on-farm software provider in the Agtech sector, we are looking for ambitious Business Development Managers to join our team.
The candidates must be highly motivated and commercially astute to develop and drive our Market Leading product within the UK Farming Sector. This role is suitable for someone wishing to progress their career in business development who wants to advance to a Regional Sales Manager role in the future. You must enjoy spending time in the field, both at shows and customer events and have the ability to establish customer trust and build strategic channel relationships.
- Develop the regional sales & marketing plan for the product, delivering the annual sales and gross margin budget objectives.
- Develop, build and maintain strong working relationships with existing channel partners, influencers and customers.
- Keep channel partners and customers informed of new product features and promotional opportunities.
- Co-ordinate and implement sales promotional programmes.
- Ensure products are distributed, ranged, and merchandised at customer events and by channel partners to optimise profitable sales opportunities.
- Provide weekly & monthly reports on sales performance and promotional opportunities.
- Monitor competitor activity and report relevant information back to management.
- Capture and report back user feedback for product / feature improvements.
- Proven experience in business development, sales or supplier relationship management role is essential.
- A knowledge of the UK farming industry.
- A qualification in a relevant technology, business or marketing subject is desirable.
- Possess an understanding of sales processes.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Strong IT skills with the aptitude to learn new technology.
- Full UK driving license.
An attractive remuneration package is on offer including a competitive salary and a company car / car allowance. Basic salary of £30-35 DOE + bonus (OTE of 40-45 )
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com
Phone calls to John in confidence 00353 87 9955439