National Sales & Marketing Manager
Description – National Sales & Marketing Manager – National role – c£40,000 - £70,000+ DEO plus bonuses & car- 13208 JP
An Internationally respected Manufacturer within the Dairy World.
Due to continued success of the business we are looking to recruit a National Sales & Marketing Manager, although open on location, the successful applicant must be happy and able to go to the UK head office in the Midlands a few times a week. The successful candidate will have sales background knowledge with excellent negotiation skills in selling to dealers, companies and end users, ideally within a dairy-related industry/sector. The role is to generate and to increase business across the UK and to promote the company products in a positive light, you will have a hands-on approach and will develop and expand the business through strategies to build sales and improve productivity. This is a fantastic opportunity at a successful company with a real opportunity to become an integral part of the business.
Duties will include:
- Manage and develop all the activities of the UK enterprise, Sales, operations, customer service and admin
- Manage a team of regional Sales Managers
- Manage the back-office support
- Build annual sales and marketing plans, based on market assessment, customer segmentation and understanding of local sales opportunities and trends
- Build annual budgets and targets in agreement with head office
- Break down those plans into Regional sales targets and activities
- Meet goals and metrics set in those plans through effective management of the operation
- Manage existing relationships with distributors, dealers and customers.
- Identify and recruit new dealers as necessary to further develop the geography
- Formulate and deliver dealer development programmes to serve existing customers and generate new business.
- Proactively generate and develop new opportunities.
- Develop Sales Channels/Dealer Network.
- Build long-term relationships with customers.
- Close sales leads generated from marketing efforts.
- Ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Give presentations to potential customers, dealers and head office.
- Understand the issues on the farm and provide appropriate solutions.
- Read, understand and give instructions for technical drawings.
- Coordinate potential distributor & customer sales visits.
- Maintain up to date database of all leads and clients for the UK, use qualification criteria to rank opportunity and sales potential.
The Suitable Candidate Will:
- Be Degree educated or equivalent (essential).
- Possess strong knowledge of dairy farming/farming or Agricultural/Animal Health/Agricultural Machinery/Animal nutrition etc. (essential).
- Be an experienced Sales management professional looking to step into a national leadership role.
- Possess excellent communication, interaction and facilitation skills.
- Have experience working with dealers and distributors.
- Be a motivated, self-starter who can work independently, yet function mentor and develop a team.
- Have strong planning and organisational skills.
- Be results-oriented with high degree of drive, passion and initiative.
- Be happy with the travel required within assigned Territory to meet end users and agents on a continuous basis.
- Be PC literate: Efficient in use of MS Office packages, particularly Word, PowerPoint & Excel.
- Minimum of 10 Years' experience in dairy-related industry: (Agricultural/Animal Health/Agricultural Machinery/Animal nutrition etc.)
- Have a good technical understanding.
- Hold a full Clean Drivers Licence.
A highly competitive Salary/package is on offer to the suitable candidate, all dependant on experience and skill set, but will be highly competitive, c£40,000 basic to £70,000+ plus:
- A car allowance/car
- Mobile phone
- Expenses paid
- Bonus structure (highly competitive)
- Other company benefits
If you are interested in this role, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and call me on 07521 089 223 ASAP.