A well-established, successful and respected family-owned farming business with sites across the UK. We are the largest grower and distributor of turf in the UK and also run a successful arable enterprise as well as growing sedum and wildflower mat products. Turf is grown at the two farms located in Norfolk and Lancashire and our arable enterprise is based at the Norfolk farm. We run a large fleet of machinery including specialist turf, potato and other agricultural machinery.
Due to the success of the company, we are looking for someone to manage our new purpose built 900m2 on site workshop at Feltwell, Norfolk. The desired candidate will be required to effectively manage a small team of engineers and fitters across the arable, turf and matting enterprises. Experience in Agricultural Engineering preferred. This will be a varied role which will require a multi-skilled and practically-minded engineer whose responsibilities will also include attending breakdowns as well as servicing and maintaining our fleet of agricultural and estate equipment including tractors, turf equipment and self-propelled machinery.
• Organising the work schedule of a busy workshop.
• Making commercial decisions regarding outsourcing repairs/maintenance or carrying these out in-house.
• Ordering parts and ensuring suitable stock levels of spares are held.
• Ensuring work is carried out to a high standard to meet expectations.
• Setting up and maintain a new stock and consumables management system with integrated job cards/costings software
• Repairing & servicing machinery and equipment.
• The diagnosis & rectification of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic & functional problems with tractors and machinery.
• To maintain on-site vehicles and machinery fleet.
• To implement suitable Health & Safety Systems within the workshop and its functions
• To work closely with the Turf, Arable and Matting Products Managers to prioritise jobs and ensure down-time of essential machinery is minimised
• Ensuring that all work/maintenance is recorded and carried out in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures
• Schedule maintenance periods for all vehicle & mechanical equipment and maintain appropriate records
• Must have the ability to diagnose and repair agricultural machinery and tractors.
• Must have good knowledge of diesel engines, transmissions, hydraulic systems and electrics.
• Must have welding experience
• Will be able to drive a forklift.
• Will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Is willing to work additional hours during busy periods and as the business requires
• Good time management skills
• A clean C1 UK driving licence
We offer a competitive package which is negotiable depending on experience. Salary from £35k depending on experience. Vehicle/life assurance/pension provided. On-site company house at a competitive rent (subject to availability) if required.