Disease & Micro Technician – Hillington
We require a Full Time Disease & Micro Technician on a fixed term contract for 6 months located at the Hillington Laboratory.
The Disease / Microbiology Technician will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and swift testing of milk, serum and tissue samples whilst adhering to published working practices. You will work as part of a well-established and skilled team of technicians but will be required to use your own initiative on occasions. Taking direction from the Laboratory Manager to ensure our current UKAS accreditation is maintained and to support any extension to scope in the future. There is a computer based element to the role with administrative duties such as registration and reporting of results as well as being in contact directly with customers by telephone, email or in person.
Essential Key Skills:
- To have the ability to understand, follow and convey technical instructions
- To have excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- To have good analytical skills
- To have good organisational and time management skills
- Be good at working in a team environment
- The ability to maintain technical equipment
- Computer Literate and be a competent user of Microsoft Office Products
As a Disease & Micro Technician you will:
- To carry out Elisa testing and Microbiology plate culture/Petrifilm testing using aseptic technique adhering to published Standard Operating Procedures.
- To work as part of a team to ensure the timely throughput of samples from receipt to reporting.
- To ensure that published working practices and quality standards are adhered to, and familiarise yourself with procedural changes.
- To monitor emails and deal appropriately with internal and external customer queries and sample testing issues.
- Carry out any other duties that management may deem appropriate from time to time.
Working for NMR:
Working at NMR is so much more than just a job! The company and its staff are dedicated to providing the highest quality recording, testing, health and fertility services & products for cows, supporting farmers and the farming industry to make profitable production possible.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities, particularly to those who are attracted to the ever-changing and modernising farming industry. Our teams are dedicated in providing high levels of value and customer service to the industry. We do this by both retaining our existing experienced staff and by attracting and developing the next generation of farm services staff. As an employer, we are committed to providing opportunities to:
- Maximise your potential contribution to the business
- Be involved at every level within the business
- Undertake personal and professional development
- Consistently receive a good employee experience
- And without doubt, you’ll be part of a caring, welcoming and friendly team, who have the ability to make a real difference.
If you would like to apply for this position please forward your CV and Covering Letter to:
Craig Brown at email@example.com
Please ensure you quote the Vacancy Number 090919 in the subject of your email application.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 23rd September 2019