Finance Assistant - Sales Ledger and Credit Control
Reporting to: Head of Finance
Work Location: Yorkshire
Hours of work: 40 hours per week, 8:00am – 5:00pm (inclusive of 1 hour unpaid break for lunch), Monday - Friday
Driving Licence Required: Full UK Driving license
To maintain and manage the company’s Sales Ledger throughout all processes from producing and recording invoices, receiving and chasing up payments, cashing up, statement production and producing sales/purchase reconciliations/credits.
The Sales Ledger Administrator would also be required to cover the role of the Purchase Ledger Administrator when necessary.In addition the post-holder forms part of the office and customer service team and undertakes shared duties in relation to those roles.
In carrying out all of the tasks below, the post holder must ensure adherence to all Work Instructions relevant to the role.These are to be found on the company intranet within the ‘Management’ section.
- Issuing invoices for all sales made by the company.
- Recording and maintaining a reference system for invoices so that transactions can be easily tracked.
- Receiving customer payments, recording cash, cheque and card transactions.
- Carrying out daily company banking tasks including cash handling and driving to and from the company bank as necessary.
- Reconciling invoice records with outstanding and aged debt.
- Working with customers, customer service staff, sales representatives, and managers on credit control and in recovering outstanding debt.
- Reconciling cash and records from the retail area of the business (Country Store).
- Verifying the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from customers, customer service staff, sales representatives and managers.
- Managing the company system for direct debits.
- Providing cover for the customer service team, by taking and logging orders, and by communicating with relevant departments (Transport/Production/Sales) to ensure that orders are processed correctly.
- Providing cover for the Purchase Ledger Administrator as required.
- Shared responsibility for day to day tasks which fall within the scope of an office administrator including, but not limited to, answering the phone and directing enquiries.
- Experience using AX systems / New dynamics 365 would be advantageous.
£19k - £26k Basic Depending upon experience
Please send your CV and cover letter quoting ref: 13223KM to Kate@agriFJ.co.uk or contact Kate on 07854 255526 for further details. Only suitable applicants will be considered. Thank you.