Machine Control Support Technician
Description – Technical Support Specialist – Field based – National role – c£35,000 - £40,000 basic – 13229 JP
A well-known and respected provider and manufacturer of highly technical hardware & software equipment to the Construction & Surveying markets.
Due to continued success of the business we are looking to recruit a Machine Control Support Technician for the UK, with the candidate being field based. The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Technical support of all Company Machine Control solutions on construction machinery.
- After sales support and servicing of Company Machine Control solutions.
- Supporting Distribution partners in delivering Company Machine Control solutions to market.
- Promotion and support of Company Machine Control products internally and through the wider market.
- A field based role requiring self-initiative and good time management.
The Suitable Candidate Will:
- Provide technical support and training to customers for all company machine control products.
- Provide technical support and training for all positioning sensors (GPS, TPS and Laser) associated with machine control applications
- Provide technical support and training for site infrastructure setup and data preparation for machine control applications.
- Provide assistance and 2nd line support to distribution partners for all technical queries and issues.
- Provide training to distribution partners with regards to technical issues and support of machine control systems.
- Provide support and training in utilizing machine control systems in various site applications for customers, distribution partners and end users.
- To document and generate reports as per the QA system and procedures for all technical events and issues
- Develop a thorough understanding of all Machine Control products and related positioning sensors within the product basket.
- To maintain and keep up to date with all new sensor developments and software/ firmware releases as provided by product managers and communications from factory
Education & Qualifications/Experience
- Higher Education Qualifications – Survey/Civil Engineering with 1 to 2 years site experience or associated qualifications and or experienced based industry qualification.
- Proven experience in GNSS systems and software, total stations and laser positioning equipment and the use and application of such technology within the construction industry.
- A working knowledge of Survey/Construction instruments(GPS, TPS, Laser)
- Working knowledge of design and data processing software (eg. LSS, iCON office, Infinity, Liscad etc)
- Experience of working within the UK construction industry (Civils, Road, Infrastructure)
- Strong coherent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to understand technical or mechanical issues related to construction machinery
- A strong aptitude to technology and associated software developments.
- An understanding of UK construction terminology and practices
- Entrepreneurial drive and strong work ethic
- Strong sense of urgency, responsibility and accountability
- A clean UK driving licence
A highly competitive Salary/package is on offer to the suitable candidate, all dependant on experience and skill set, c£35,000 -£40,000 basic many more company benefits & training is available to progress and further develop your skills.