Machine Control Support Technician
Description – Technical Support Specialist – Field based – Milton Keynes – c£35,000 basic – 13228 JP
A well-known and respected provider and manufacturer of highly technical hardware & software equipment to the Construction & Surveying markets.
Due to continued success of the business we are looking to recruit a Machine Control Installer for the Milton Keynes area - Field based, with the candidate being field based. The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Installation of all Company Machine Control solutions on construction machinery.
- After sales support and servicing of Company Machine Control solutions.
- Supporting Distribution partners in delivering Company Machine Control solutions to market.
- Promotion and support of Company Machine Control products internally and through the wider market.
- A field based role requiring self-initiative and good time management.
The Suitable Candidate Will:
- Installation, calibration and setup of all Company machine control products.
- Testing, troubleshooting and support of all Company machine control systems.
- Basic system training delivery to new operators after installation.
- Technical field support as required.
- Provide assistance and 2nd line support to distribution partners for installations.
- To document and generate reports as per the QA system and procedures for all technical events and issues
- Develop a thorough understanding of all Machine Control products and related positioning sensors within the product basket.
- To fully understand and implement company policies which affect work.
- To maintain and keep up to date with all new sensor developments and software/ firmware releases as provided by product managers and communications from factory
Education & Qualifications/Experience
- Industry led qualification or work experience equivalent.
- Auto electrical training coupled with construction machinery knowledge desirable, but not essential.
- Working knowledge of hydraulic control systems and electrical systems including CAN bus on mechanical systems advantageous, but not essential.
- Welding, fabrication and engineering abilities advantageous.
- Strong coherent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Ability to understand technical or mechanical issues related to construction machinery.
- Ability to operate well under severe technical and time pressures
- A strong aptitude to technology and associated software developments.
- A knowledge of Survey/Construction instruments(GPS, TPS, Laser, etc - preferable, but not essential)
- A working knowledge of UK construction terminology and practices.
- Entrepreneurial drive and strong work ethic.
- Strong sense of urgency, responsibility and accountability.
- A clean UK driving licence.
A highly competitive Salary/package is on offer to the suitable candidate, all dependant on experience and skill set, c£35,000 basic plus vehicle many more company benefits & training is available to progress and further develop your skills.