Farm Lead – Eastern Canada
My client is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States and around the world. They have two state-of-the-art potato processing plants an appetiser plant.
This potato farm in Eastern Canada is now seeking a Farm Lead. The primary function of a Farm Lead is to manage and direct operational aspects from seed procurement, to planting, through harvest. Reporting to the Farm Manager, a Farm Lead will be a results-driven, self-starter who is constantly looking to improve existing operations. This individual must be reliable, positive, and have the ability to adapt in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
Specific responsibilities for this role are:
- Planning, preparing, coordinating and aligning equipment maintenance with operations.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical problems as they arise.
- Minimise equipment and machinery downtime through effective operation and maintenance.
- Oversee and manage special field projects.
- Train crew on Equipment Best Practices and associated Safety Practices.
- Equipment operation: tillage, planting, spraying, harvesting, etcetera (as required).
- Demonstrated history of operational and mechanical ability through education and/or experience.
- Background and passion for agriculture either through education and/or experience.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated knowledge of equipment electrical and hydraulics.
- Ability to operate agricultural equipment which includes GPS systems.
- Capable of performing physical labour on a modern farming operation (lift 55lbs frequently).
- Proficient computer skills.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Understand and willing to work extended hours due to seasonal nature of the business.
Please send your CV to Emma@agriFJ.co.uk if you are interested and you will be contacted if you are a suitable match. For more information please call 07809 737 474.