This Nursery business has grown to become one of the leading suppliers to the British landscaping industry. From its 40-acre container site in the West Midlands, they produce and contract-grow a huge variety of plants, shrubs and trees, which is supplemented with specialised stock from their trusted network of UK and European-based suppliers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the finishing of saleable stock grown for Internet Contract, so that the correct quantities of the desired specification are available as forecast, whilst minimising waste and maintaining accurate records.
· Cultural care of contracted stock, including formative pruning and remedial work.
· Understand the seasonal requirements of the contract, prioritising batches to ensure continual supply and reduced wastage.
· Liaise with the sales team to consolidate specific requirements.
· Maintain excellent housekeeping of designated areas, following best practise and Standard Operating Procedures.
· Maintain accurate inventory.
· Liaise with Crop Protection Supervisor over P&D issues.
· Participate in appropriate training, and be committed to ongoing personal and professional development.
The Suitable Candidate Will:
- Experience of growing HONS with good husbandry skills.
- Enthusiastic, practical and driven, with an eye for detail.
- Flexible, with excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Good communication skills.
- FEPA spraying license and FLT license would be advantageous.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team, actively supporting other team members, whilst also being self-motivated to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Able to work accurately under pressure in a busy environment.
- Innovative & creative in decision making & problem solving.
A Competitive Salary/package is on offer to the suitable candidate, for more details just reply as soon as possible:
Please send your CV to: kate@agriFJ.co.uk