- Support ongoing sales efforts (including researching/prospecting, preparing client pitch materials and handling ongoing follow-up with prospects)
- Manage/track client prospects and client outreach efforts
- Design and upload social media news stories, create and apply daily updates to all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Oversee and manage our trade client database and ensure regular contact is maintained at least once per quarter with each client. Network and add new potential clients on an ongoing basis.
· To follow up leads for commercial planting works through Architect, Landscape Architects, Property Developers and other specifiers and potential clients.
· To carry out client visits to develop relationships with clients as appropriate, introduce clients to sales staff and diarise meetings with relevant company product or service specialists.
· To conduct site visits to clients’ sites and gardens as requested ensuring that their needs are clearly identified and that selling opportunities are maximized.
· To maximize the opportunities presented for additional work from existing clients, passing on the information to the Project salesperson/designer and assisting in providing quotations and actively converting them into orders where possible.
· Promoting the company at exhibitions and seminars as required.
· Ability to research and understand company’s products and services in order to clearly communicate the benefits in promoting with relevant prospects and generate interest.
Desirable Key Skills and Competencies
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Clear speaking voice and excellent listening skills
· Ability to work to tight deadlines.
· Clean driving licence
· Knowledge of plants and ability to identify many varieties of trees and shrubs.
· Landscape experience (soft and hard).
· Horticulture or garden design expertise
· Experience of horticultural Trade Industry
· Man-management Skills
· Time-management Skills
· Interest in social media with silks to utilise social media for research purposes
· Sales skills
Important: You should be prepared and able to accommodate for the needs of the potential clients this will mean being available to meet them on Saturdays. Time off in lieu will apply where a Saturday has been worked.