Contact with: - UK and European suppliers, and all internal departments as required.
Strategy & Organisation: - Develop and grow a database which identifies strategic suppliers who can deliver sustainable competitive advantage to the business.
Main Duties & responsibilities: -
· Build and maintain good relationships with existing and new suppliers.
· Continually update the knowledge base of our Purchasing, Sales & Marketing teams regarding our Suppliers current range of items and scope for future growth.
· Develop and maintain catalogues of information regarding suppliers’ range of supply and prices.
· Working with the Purchasing Manager source and develop communications and build relationships with possible new suppliers for supply of new and existing items.
· To assist the Purchasing Manager with the supplier selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity and reliability.
· Ensure robust justification for all new product additions and assist in the administration process for adding new lines.
· To take a lead in the formal supplier capability assessment and performance management using robust KPI measures.
· Ensure the quality and specification of all items purchased meet or exceed that agreed with the Suppliers.
· Working closely with the Purchasing Manager and our supply base, continuously review and forecast market trends and identify changes which could affect margins, reporting movements to the business in a timely manner.
· To work with a continuous improvement mind set engaging with other functions within the Supply Chain to deliver measurable savings that are beneficial to the company.
· Support with purchasing, the negotiation and tendering process in other business areas such as In-Direct contracts, Transport and Logistics, office equipment and consumables on an ad hoc basis.
· Working with the Purchasing team identify solutions and possible suppliers of short-term supply item issues.
· Attend regular Demand Review meetings to report on market changes, supply variances, and possible item category changes.
· Assist in all areas of the buying process as required by the Purchasing Manager.
· Strive for improved efficiencies within the Purchasing process.
Skills required: -
· Horticultural knowledge and experience essential.
· Highly organised and have the ability to prioritise and allocate time effectively.
· Excellent negotiation skills.
· Multitasking ability.
· Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Knowledge of Demand Management tools.
· Knowledge of purchasing and supply chain systems, LEAN principles of planning and MRP/ERP systems.
· Commercial awareness.
· Experience of Project management.
· Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
· Experience of using Benchmarking technics.
· Skills in Cost saving and process efficiency improvements.
· IT skills specifically in Excel and office.
· Experience of working with KPI’s and using formal problem-solving methodology.
· A self-motivated individual who can work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Extra info: -
· Office based role, with supplier visits as required to the UK and Europe.
· CIPS Qualified or equivalent professional qualification/experience
· A full driving licence.
· Normal working hours are 8.00-17.00 Monday to Friday (working additional hours as necessary during peak times).
· Salary dependant on experience
· 23 days holiday plus bank holidays.