Farm technician – Drill Operator
Fresh Produce business growing Herbs and Vegetables on 140ha in the South East
Based at the two sites in Berkshire and Hampshire you will be the Drillman for all crops on the two farms as well as other farm work. Working closely with the in-house agronomist and a small team of tractor drivers.
We are looking for enthusiasm and a can-do attitude rather than experience, as training will be given to the right candidate
Role duties and responsibility
· Drilling all salad and vegetable crops throughout the season using Stanhay drills
· Maintaining all drilling records accurately
· Maintenance of drills and other farm equipment
· Supervisory role of irrigation staff and other tractor drivers
· Other tractor duties – Fertilising, hoeing, cultivations, relief sprayman (if appropriate)
· General farm work
Hours of Work
· Main season is between March and November.
· Work patterns in busy periods are 6 days per week and 1 day off, or 12 days working with 2 days off
· Usual hours out of season is 40-50 hrs per week.
· Weekend work as required in summer; few weekends worked in winter.
· Starting Salary of c£25K with opportunity to increase after probationary period passed.
· Probationary period of 3 months.
· Annual holiday entitlement of 28 days
· PA1 and PA2 training for the right candidate.
· No accommodation provided.