Farm Manager – Eastern Canada
About the Company:
My client are a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and food service markets throughout Canada, the United States and around the world.
They have two state-of-the-art potato processing plants an appetiser plant.
This company can offer:
- An engaging culture rooted in their values.
- More opportunities for career advancement.
- A stable job for the future.
My client is currently seeking an experienced Potato Farm Manager to be based in Eastern Canada. They are looking for an experienced Farm Manager with potato experience to join their team. If you’re passionate about a place where you’ll make your mark, be appreciated and grow your career then read on as this opportunity may be you!
Reporting to the VP of Agriculture, the Farm Manager will provide expertise and oversee the management of successfully growing potatoes for French fry processing. This includes directing all daily operations from planting, growing, harvesting and storing. The Farm Managers’ expertise will be utilised in order to attain the highest possible yields, quality, and profitability from farm operations. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, “can do” attitude and the ability to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment. A comprehensive extended benefit plan package is offered to all full-time employees.
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to the farm supervisory staff.
- Manage entire farm operation which includes budgets and P&L’s.
- Manage employee safety programs at the farming operation.
- Analyse historical farm data and interpret for decision making.
- Adopt and implement agricultural technology that provides efficiency in operations and that allows data driven decisions.
- Adhere to all agricultural sustainability initiatives for customer needs.
- Produce the highest quality raw product for short term and long-term storage.
- Identify/implement crop management practices to enhance quality of production and evaluate current and new production practices.
- Scale all operations of the business to ensure the proper utilisation of capital/human resources.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to determine raw requirements to meet business demands.
- Cultivate positive relationships with our suppliers, customers and landlords in the agricultural community.
- Education required: post-secondary education in agriculture and/or business.
- Must have 4+ years farm management experience.
- Experience preparing and managing budgets.
- People management & leadership experience.
- Experience growing potatoes.
- Centre pivot irrigation.
- Land development with new irrigation and infrastructure.
- Sustainable fertility management.
- Full understanding of disease, fungi and insect management required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills, with a strong focus on program improvement.
- Negotiation and business skills including the ability deal with landowners.
- Willingness to work flexible hours is required.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining your Potato and Farm Management experience and send this to; Kate@agriFJ.co.uk