We have an exciting opportunity for a Factory Design and Layout (FD&L) manufacturing engineer with a major agricultural manufacturer entering the UK market.
The basic objective of layout is to ensure a smooth flow of work, material, and information through a system. The layout and design of that space impact greatly how the work is done—the flow of work, materials, and information through the system.
You will look at creating new layouts from scratch to assist with new projects and also look at existing layouts and how we can optimise these to suit new products/scope that will be introduced to the business. This role is responsible for obtaining the requirements of production processes, ensure they comply with the basic lean principles, producing layout options and supporting down selection. Once down selected it will then be the responsibility of this role to produce a requirements document which will be the basis for a building contractor to produce the facility.
Location - The Midlands
• Gathering the information required from all work areas to create and purpose factory layout options.
• Carrying out layout engineering or making proposals to improve the layout and solve multi-disciplinary layout issues.
• Writing the related technical documents e.g. down selection criteria, infrastructure requirements, service demands etc.
• Issues the layout drawings to the various teams and coordinates their layout activities by ensuring compliance with the layout rules.
• Regularly carrying out layout engineering reviews (with all the engineering teams involved).
• Ensuring each layout complies with the basic LEAN principles.
• Acting as the interface between the project team and the building contractor, ensuring specification is followed.
• Good knowledge and understanding of general layout rules for an industrial project.
• Degree level qualification preferable or equivalent industry experience.
• Member of a professional body and working towards CEng or equivalent.
• Good knowledge of 2D and 3D design software e.g. AutoCAD, NX.
• Previous experience in a relevant discipline.
Offering excellent prospects, along with a competitive salary and benefits.