SAI Global, a global Risk Management Services provider, is looking to recruit a Livestock Technical Manager to join our Milton Keynes team on a fixed term contract. Responsible for providing scheme management and certification support for Red Tractor Beef & Lamb Schemes, the role will see the successful candidate work alongside internal and external stakeholders to create a seamless delivery of scheme requirements to our Standard Owners.
The role will suit an industry-experienced and team-orientated Livestock Technical Manager who is able to provide advice and consultancy support across the agricultural sector, with a principal focus on scheme management. Within the main duties of the role, the Livestock Technical Manager will be expected to provide technical support to our field-based auditors and client services team as well as assist with assessor training and Witness Assessments across our schemes. An overview of the main duties has been provided below:
• Certification for Red Tractor Beef and Lamb Schemes;
• Scheme management of Red Tractor Livestock Transport Scheme and Quality Assured Farm Venison Scheme;
• Lead certification decisions for livestock schemes;
• Provide Technical support to Auditors in the field and our client services team;
• Witness Assess and Shadow Audit;
• Oversee certification duties, including maintaining responsibility for key metrics;
• Work with technical and certification teams to manage certification decisions around suspensions and overdue audits;
• Develop new business opportunities and leads;
• Review audit reports and provide assessor feedback.
Experience and Skillset Required:
• A formal qualification (HND/HNC/Degree) in a relatable field with proven experience in an agricultural / livestock management role is desired;
• Approved Red Tractor Beef and Lamb auditor, is essential;
• Experience in a Lead Auditor capacity is preferable but not essential;
• Experience of working with Standard Owners would be highly desirable;
• Knowledge of both Beef and Lamb production systems;
• Practical farm experience;
• Experience of delivering training;
• Commercial background with a proven business development skillset.
• Excellent communication skills with a strong client focus;
• Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail;
• Enthusiastic with a can-do attitude;
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and meet deadlines whilst working in a fast-paced environment;
• Proven ability to identify and solve problems combined with a proactive approach.
SAI Global provides a range of solutions, services and expertise to help individuals and organizations manage risk. Our business comprises four core divisions:
• Risk management solutions: We help companies take an integrated approach to risk lifecycle management through an innovative mix of industry expertise, market-leading software and ethics learning solutions;
• Global standards: We are a trusted provider of standards, technical information and regulatory content to organizations globally;
• Australian property broking and information: We are Australia’s largest provider of property information and settlement services and support confident decision making across all stages of the property lifecycle;
• Assurance certification and training: We provide accredited audit and certification services based on third-party endorsed management systems, and world-class training, to support organizations gain efficiencies, improve performance and ensure compliance.
Underpinning all SAI Global’s diverse, market-leading solutions are proven and trusted business methodologies, powered by local expertise and know how.
We have global reach, with locations across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific.