SALARY: Competitive Base Salary + Performance Bonus + Vehicle + Fuel Card
LOCATION: Head Office, Harpenden, Hertfordshire
REPORTS TO: Country Manager
WORKING HOURS: 08:30am – 17:00pm
VACANCY REF: 0016
Involved in Plant and Animal Nutrition for almost 60 years and active in the Agri-food industry, Groupe Roullier draws upon its industrial and technical expertise, its unique sales force and a sustained innovation policy to meet the specific needs of its clients. Our strength is in our 8,000 employees who share our values: innovation, performance, and entrepreneurial spirit. Our activities are organised into 4 divisions: Plant nutrition, Animal nutrition, Agri-food and Industrial solutions.
TIMAC AGRO, a subsidiary of Groupe Roullier, has more than 5,700 talented people based in 39 countries across the globe, with a global turnover of €1.6BN. Timac Agro UK, has since moved to a brand-new Head Office facility at the world renowned Rothamsted Research Centre, one of the UK’s leading agricultural research institutions.
As part of our continued growth in the UK market, we are looking for a Product Manager to work closely with our commercial team, providing both technical support and training on field. You will develop a clear marketing and communication strategy, designing and producing the tools required to facilitate this. As well as lead the demonstration of our successes on field by building and managing a portfolio of field-based demonstrations of our solutions with farmers, producers and key agricultural partners.
This a great opportunity to work across all our functions, particularly our commercial team but including our HR Development team to ensure our technical training is recognised as market leading in the UK and effectively deploy it across our team.
We are looking for someone with a practical knowledge of agronomy, coupled with strong marketing and communication skills. You will have the opportunity to develop your own team of technically strong, clear communicators to facilitate efforts on field, ensuring the success of our own commercial team as well as key commercial partnerships. Ideally, you come with at least a master’s degree in Agronomy/ Science or related field.
With a broad knowledge of the UK agricultural industry, you will have;
· A strong understanding of plant nutrition, soil biology and crop production
· Expert stakeholder management skills
· Good organisational, planning and problem-solving capabilities
· Learning agility, with the desire to advance your area of expertise and apply it to new tools and methodologies
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to develop good long-term industry relationships
· Demonstrated track record of strong analytical abilities
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERTISE
· Master’s degree in Agronomy, Agriculture/ Science or related field (required)
· PhD level degree Agronomy, Agriculture/ Science or related field (desired)
· Expertise launching new products with a track – record of successfully hitting product launch targets, both deadlines and financial targets (required)
· Proven experience in marketing – product management and development (required)
· Proven experience in supporting sales strategy and development with premium/high value products (required)
· Field trials or product trials experience (required)
· French at conversational level (desired)
WHAT WE OFFER
You will be reporting directly to our Country Manager based at an industry leading location of Rothamsted Research in Harpenden. At Timac Agro UK, we also like to look after our own by ensuring our employees have access to great benefits. Below is a list of just some of the benefits we have to offer…
· Competitive base salary + Performance Bonus + Vehicle + Fuel Card
· On-the job training
· 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
· Company car + fuel card + laptop + phone
· Employer contribution, salary sacrifice pension scheme
· Lump sum of x3 basic salary death in service
*Please note: this is an office-based role and will require UK wide travel. Overseas travel will be required from time to time.*