Assistant Farm Manager
3,500-acre farm growing arable and root crops. World class producer of fresh produce, including onions and potatoes, supplying supermarkets, wholesale & processing sectors.
This fanatic farming business is now seeking an Assistant Farm Manager who will take visible day to day responsibility for the smooth and efficient running of the farm, reporting to the Farm Manager. Practical skills, proven experience in leading, motivating and managing teams and demonstrable problem solving abilities are all required, together with a confident and decisive personality.
The Assistant Farm Manager will be expected to have a working knowledge of all the machinery associated with the operations of a large arable and root vegetable business, with a "hands on" approach.
- Management experience of some duration offering a collaborative yet decisive style.
- Proven ability to lead by example demonstrating a practical approach.
- An effective problem solver who can think on their feet, delivering with efficiency.
- A willingness to learn and expand their skill set.
- Unafraid to take full responsibility and "own" the role & its objectives.
- Understanding of the lifestyle and commitment that such a position entails.
Salary depending upon experience.
A vehicle, laptop & mobile telephone are offered in addition to the base salary. Accommodation may be available.
If you are interested, please send your CV and cover letter to Emma@agriFJ.co.uk