Territories: Staffordshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Rutland
Reporting to: National Sales Manager
Excellent membership organisation for owners of rural land and businesses in England and Wales.
To grow member subscription income by selling all categories of membership and to actively participate in retention activity within a designated territory. In addition to promote or sell other approved products and services and to represent the interests of the company within the designated territory.
- Identify suspects and qualify to develop a prospect list.
- Manage and maintain an accurate prospect list using the contact manager database and other systems as agreed with line manager.
- Ensure that sufficient prospects are developed to deliver new member sales target.
- Follow up leads from national and regional marketing activity.
- Work with Branch members to identify potential prospects.
- Attend both company and third party events and network to identify new prospects.
Achieve Annual Financial Targets:
- Sell all categories of membership within geographic area agreed with line manager.
- Achieve or exceed agreed subscription income target.
- Ensure all data is accurately collected, entered and maintained on contact manager.
- Follow Association administration procedures relating to recruitment and retention activity.
- Attend branch committee meetings and report on sales and retention matters.
- Provide information as requested on news sales and membership renewals.
- Follow up lapsed members.
- Identify at risk members and prioritise making of retention calls and visits to these members to ensure they are making the best use of and therefore gaining the full benefit of their membership.
- Use the opportunity to meet members at both company and third party events and discuss whether they are making full use of their membership.
- Keep up to date with current issues affecting members.
- Develop and maintain a full understanding of all membership products.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge of all market segments.
- Develop and maintain a full understanding of all membership services.
- Attend training courses as required.
- Keep abreast of external communications on month to month basis to include magazines, press releases & sales literature and adverts.
- Keep abreast of internal communications on month to month basis to include contact manager activities, emails (daily), field officer update, sales manual & sales reports and others.
- Keep abreast of member communications on month to month basis to include magazines & e-news.
- £25K basic (dependent upon experience) - £50K OTE.
- Plus yearly bonus.
- Benefits: Fully expensed company car, mobile, laptop, full work from home equipment, pension, 24 days holiday (increasing with service) and definite opportunities for long-term career progression.
To apply please send your CV to: emma@agriFJ.co.uk