Nightshift Testing Supervisor - Hillington, Glasgow
As part of the NMR Group of Companies, we require a Testing Supervisor located at the Hillington Laboratory.
The Testing Supervisor will provide guidance, instruction and direction to laboratory technicians. They will have the purpose of managing the processes involved in registering and analysing samples and authorising results in accordance to customers agreed service levels. Carrying out your duties you will be required to work on a Wednesday to Sunday dayshift.
As a Testing Supervisor you will:
• Manage the workflow through the various Laboratory departments to ensure resources are used as efficiently as possible
• Ensure samples are registered, tested and results entered in accordance with published SOP’s and working practices
• To train all laboratory staff in new laboratory methods and amendments to existing ones
• Assist the Quality Unit in maintain training records for all Laboratory Technicians
• Assist the laboratory’s aim for UKAS accreditation according to the timescale set by Laboratory Management
• Provide assistance with both internal and external customer testing issues associated with the laboratory
• Ensure that available equipment operates to maximum efficiency
• Deal appropriately with internal and external customer queries
Working for NMR:
Working at NMR is so much more than just a job! The company and its staff are dedicated to providing the highest quality recording, testing, health and fertility services & products for cows, supporting farmers and the farming industry to make profitable production possible.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities, particularly to those who are attracted to the ever-changing and modernising farming industry. Our teams are dedicated in providing high levels of value and customer service to the industry. We do this by both retaining our existing experienced staff and by attracting and developing the next generation of farm services staff. As an employer, we are committed to providing opportunities to:
- Maximise your potential contribution to the business
- Be involved at every level within the business
- Undertake personal and professional development
- Consistently receive a good employee experience
And without doubt, you’ll be part of a caring, welcoming and friendly team, who have the ability to make a real difference.
What we can offer you:
Contributory company pension scheme
Share Incentive Plan
34 days Annual Leave (including bank holidays)
Ongoing training and development offered throughout your career with the company
If you would like to apply for this position please forward your CV and Covering Letter to: Lorraine McGilp via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you quote the Vacancy Number 090120 in the subject of your email application.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 24th January 2020