Field Service Technician
Become a key member of the team at Garford Farm Machinery Ltd, the global leader in technologically advanced mechanical weed control equipment. Garford Robocrop Robotic Weeding Products utilise video imaging and non chemical weed control methods which contribute to a sustainable future to world farming, environmental protection and natural food for all.
We are looking to recruit a high end Field Service Technician who is looking for a challenge problem solving electronic, hydraulic and mechanical systems.
As a Field Service Technician your responsibilities will include;
· Providing technical after-sales support to customer, by telephone and at the customer’s premises. Support may be to distributors or direct to end users.
· Troubleshooting electronic, electrical, hydraulic mechanical, problems that occur with machines in-build in the factory and with customers in the field.
· Setting up and commissioning new machines and training machine operators
· Machine upgrades and rebuilds.
· Assisting Sales staff with product demonstrations.
· Contributing toward product development.
Garford pride themselves in providing good customer service and aim to provide a quick response to customer problems. The busy service team, based at the Deeping St James factory, travel both in the UK and overseas in supporting Garford products.
You will work in conjunction with the Technical Manager and under the direction of the Service Manager.
The position will include travel both in the UK and overseas. You can expect extensive travel during the busy season, from April to July each year.
A 4x4 vehicle will be provided.
The successful applicant will have a good knowledge of electronic, hydraulic, mechanical engineering and have good customer service skills. Knowledge computer systems and/or farming field operations will be a bonus.
Ideally the successful applicant will have a qualification in an engineering subject to HNC or degree level.
The successful applicant will receive in house technical training and have the opportunity to take part in external training as required.
If this position is of interest to you, please send your CV and covering letter to:
Garford Farm Machinery Ltd
Hards Lane, Frognall
Deeping St James
Tel: 01778 342642