Horticultural Sourcing Specialist
Reporting to - Purchasing Manager.
Contact with - UK and European suppliers, and all internal departments as required.
Strategy & Organisation - Develop and grow a database which identifies strategic suppliers who can deliver sustainable competitive advantage to the business.
Main Duties & responsibilities:
• Build and maintain good relationships with existing and new suppliers.
• Continually update the knowledge base of our Purchasing, Sales & Marketing teams regarding our Suppliers current range of items and scope for future growth.
• Develop and maintain catalogues of information regarding suppliers’ range of supply and prices.
• Working with the Purchasing Manager source and develop communications and build relationships with possible new suppliers for supply of new and existing items.
• To assist the Purchasing Manager with the supplier selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity and reliability.
• Ensure robust justification for all new product additions and assist in the administration process for adding new lines.
• To take a lead in the formal supplier capability assessment and performance management using robust KPI measures.
• Ensure the quality and specification of all items purchased meet or exceed that agreed with the Suppliers.
• Working closely with the Purchasing Manager and our supply base, continuously review and forecast market trends and identify changes which could affect margins, reporting movements to the business in a timely manner.
• To work with a continuous improvement mind set engaging with other functions within the Supply Chain to deliver measurable savings that are beneficial to the company.
• Support with purchasing, the negotiation and tendering process in other business areas such as In-Direct contracts, Transport and Logistics, office equipment and consumables on an ad hoc basis.
• Working with the Purchasing team identify solutions and possible suppliers of short-term supply item issues.
• Attend regular Demand Review meetings to report on market changes, supply variances, and possible item category changes.
• Assist in all areas of the buying process as required by the Purchasing Manager.
• Strive for improved efficiencies within the Purchasing process.
• Horticultural knowledge and experience essential.
• Highly organised and have the ability to prioritise and allocate time effectively.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Multitasking ability.
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of Demand Management tools.
• Knowledge of purchasing and supply chain systems, LEAN principles of planning and MRP/ERP systems.
• Commercial awareness.
• Experience of Project management.
• Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
• Experience of using Bench marking techniques.
• Skills in Cost saving and process efficiency improvements.
• IT skills specifically in Excel and office.
• Experience of working with KPI’s and using formal problem-solving methodology.
• A self-motivated individual who can work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Office based role, with supplier visits as required to the UK and Europe.
• Office based in West Midlands.
• CIPS Qualified or equivalent professional qualification/experience
• A full driving licence.
• Normal working hours are 8.00 - 17.00 Monday to Friday (working additional hours as necessary during peak times).
• 23 days holiday plus bank holidays.
• £28k - £30k Basic Salary (This could be slightly negotiable for an exceptional candidate!)
• Plus company benefits including pension.
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining your horticultural and buying / sourcing experience to Kate@agriFJ.co.uk