Our retained client is urgently seeking an experienced Farm Manager to manage the full operation for one of the potato farms in Canada. Video call interviews will be taking place ASAP so please do apply now to show your interest and suitability for this role.
The Farm Manager will oversee the successful production of potatoes for French Fry Processing. This includes directing all daily operations from: Planting, Growing, Harvesting and Storing. The Farm Manager's expertise will be utilized in order to attain the highest possible yields, quality, and profitability from farm operations. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, “Can Do” attitude and the ability to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment. A comprehensive extended benefit plan package is offered to all full-time employees.
Farm Manager: Key Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to the farm supervisory staff.
- Manage entire farm operation which includes budgets and P&L’s.
- Manage employee safety programmes at the farming operation.
- Analyze historical farm data and interpret for decision making.
- Adopt and implement agricultural technology that provides efficiency in operations and that allows data driven decisions.
- Adhere to all Agricultural Sustainability initiatives for Customer needs.
- Produce the highest quality raw product for short term and long-term storage.
- Identify/implement crop management practices to enhance quality of production and evaluate current and new production practices.
- Scale all operations of the business to ensure the proper utilization of capital/human resources.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to determine raw requirements to meet business demands.
- Cultivate positive relationships with our suppliers, customers and Landlords in the Agricultural Community.
Farm Manager: Qualifications
- Education Required: Post-secondary education in Agriculture and/or Business.
- Years of Experience Required: 4+ years Farm Management experience. Direct experience with potatoes strongly preferred, experience with row crop(s) preferred.
- Experience preparing and managing budgets.
- People management & leadership experience.
- Experience with development of the following:
- Centre Pivot Irrigation.
- Land Development with new irrigation and infrastructure.
- Sustainable fertility management.
- Full understanding of disease, fungi and insect management required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills, with a strong focus on program improvement.
- Negotiation and business skills including the ability deal with landowners.
- Willingness to work flexible hours is required.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Farm Manager Package:
GBP equivalent to c£50K-£70K Basic Salary
+ Various company benefits to be discussed.
Please send your CV and cover letter to; Kate@agriFJ.co.uk all suitable applicants will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest.