Farm Managing Director – Canada – Ref: 13593KM
My retained client is looking for a highly experienced Farm Director / Farm Managing Director to manage to full operation of various potato farms in Canada. You will also be responsible for the full farm management of these farms as well as operationally and managing the staff.
The role of Farm Managing Director is to provide full leadership and oversee all farming operations across Canadian farming operations. The position is accountable to Vice President, Agriculture and has various direct reports, and oversees a farming staff of up to sixty employees during planting and harvest seasons.
Key Responsibilities of this role include:
- Participates in annual budget process to arrive at margin and revenue targets based on projected cost and availability of raw product. Establish benchmarks and minimize over or under usage of resources and ensuring budget adherence across the farming operations.
- Present and defend final budget to Owner.
- Working with Farm Managers and Senior Leaders to plan, develop strategies, investigate future options and opportunities, and address challenges.
- Oversees and manages performance of Company farms.
- Travel required within North America to participate in oversight of farms operations, visits include maintaining and strengthen relationships, as well as to maintain an in-depth, first-hand knowledge of the business’ standing.
- Attend trade shows as required.
- Participate in developing the Company Strategy and ensuring execution.
- Daily operation brief for farm managers.
- Administrative (maintaining email) and people management duties:
- Includes providing direction to operational team as required, following up on outstanding matters, regular communication with suppliers, and responding to general inquiries.
- Attend meetings on topics related to Farming operations in order to provide input and identify concerns. In addition, assist with farm-related special projects.
- Continuous Improvement for farming operations and constantly seeking and implementing new and improved ways to conduct farming operations.
- Post-secondary with a business focus, as well as education in Agriculture (Ag Business degree preferred).
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience managing a large operation and being fully responsible for a business unit or entity, including the supervision and management of a team.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Substantial agricultural experience, including but not limited to leadership and ‘’hands on” experience in farm operations (preferably with potatoes).
- Excellent written, verbal, and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to interact and achieve results with all levels of the organisation.
PLEASE NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Package on offer for this role:
To the equivalent of c£80k - £90k GBP Basic Salary
+ Various company benefits to be discussed.
Please send your CV and cover letter to Kate@agriFJ.co.uk all suitable applicants will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest.