Agricultural Research Technician – Canada – 13570 KM
Our exclusive Canadian client are recruiting for an Agricultural Research Technician to be based on their Canadian Farm.
The Director of Breeding, Seed Development and Research, this Agricultural Research Technician needs to be analytical, detail-oriented and results-driven; a self-starter who can work well independently as well as in a team! Is this you?
The ideal Candidate:
The successful candidate will possess the following experience and qualifications:
· Associate degree or technical level with a Blue Seal Farm Technician or equivalent work experience.
· Post-secondary education in Agricultural Sciences/Crop Production (e.g. B.Sc.,) is preferred.
· Must hold a valid driver’s license.
· Must be willing and able to obtain a PEI Pesticide Applicator’s Certificate.
· High level of integrity and accountability.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to analyze and communicate information effectively and accurately.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel.
· Comfortable working in an outdoor environment and performing physical labor (e.g. lifting up to 40 lbs.).
· Experience working in a farming environment, operating agricultural equipment or machinery, experience with potato crops or other crops, availability to travel, flexibility to work on extended hours would be considered an asset.
· Continuously looking for opportunities for improvement and has the ability to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
· Successful candidate will be expected to exhibit individual initiative, be technically proficient and accurate; effectively communicate in both written reports and oral presentations; initiate and ensure compliance with applicable safety procedures.
Perform field work including planting, maintaining and harvesting of plots;
Operate small plot machinery and equipment;
Equipment/tools maintenance and repair;
Scouting, soil and tissue sampling and shipping;
Grading of processing and seed potatoes;
Management of potato storage;
Gather, interpret, and record research and data collection, data entry and basic statistical analysis;
Organize and maintain accurate and timely test results, files and records; ability to write a report;
Apply standard quality control procedures to assure accuracy of test results;
Operate, calibrate and perform routine maintenance on specialized farm, greenhouse or lab equipment;
Maintain supply inventory;
Prepare solutions, reagents, media or stains for prescribed tests;
Execute pilot projects/feasibility studies if required;
Conduct tests and experiments;
Operate and maintain computer and lab equipment
Basic Salary equivalent to c£30K
Plus full benefits package.
Please send your CV and cover letter to Kate@agriFJ.co.uk and all shortlisted candidates will be contacted, thank you.