Onion Grading System Operator or Onion Grader
Location of the Job: Norfolk / Suffolk
Our client is a world class producer and supplier of Fresh Produce; supplying supermarkets, wholesale & processing sectors.
The Industry: Fresh Produce - Salads and Vegetables.
The Job Role details:
Now recruiting for an Onion Grading System Operator or Onion Grader in East Anglia who will be reporting to the Grader Manger.
The Onion Grading Systems Operator or Onion Grader will be working on a recently installed, new high-tech grading system which uses pictorial imaging to sort onions into size and quality.
Therefore our client is now progressing beyond the commissioning phase and are looking for somebody to take responsibility for ‘driving’ the line.
Key Responsibilities:- The quality, safety, legalities, security and authenticity of products on site, in accordance with site policies & procedures.
- Screen and topper blade management.
- Visual inspection and selection of the onions, in accordance with quality & food safety requirements.
- Notification of hopper/grader/line equipment failure during production.
- Start and stop of lines at beginning and end of shift and break times.
- Assisting with maintenance requirements, including bin repair & cleaning requirements.
- Ensure the continual movement of onions throughout the process from intake to despatch.
- Monitoring of compactor levels.
- Rubicon - Labels, RCI's and Dispatch Notes.
Ideal Person Skills and Qualifications:
- Fresh Produce or Grading experience.
- A solid background / stable career history within the Fresh Produce sector.
- A good standard of computer skills.
- High attention to detail and good problem solving skills.- Able to work well as a part of a team.
An hourly pay rate of £9.00 - £11.50 per hour, is on offer to the suitable candidate, depending on experience.
Plus Benefits: Overtime available, paying overtime rates.
How to apply; Please send your CV and Covering Letter to; Sophie@agriFJ.co.uk
We thank all applicants who apply for this role. However, please be advised that only those short listed for an interview will be contacted. Please be assured that your job application will be managed in complete confidence and your personal details will not be passed to any third party without your prior permission.
To keep up to date with Agricultural and Farming Jobs latest vacancies, please use our simple registration process via the ‘Candidate’ button on our home page; www.agriFJ.co.uk
You can also set free Job Alerts so that you will be notified of new and relevant job vacancies.
Please follow us on our social media pages; LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Agricultural and Farming Jobs are an established specialist Agricultural Recruitment business with offices based in rural Worcestershire. We have a specialist and dedicated Headhunting Recruitment Division as well as a specialist Jobs Advertising Division. We recruit specifically for all roles within the Agricultural industry and support the recruitment needs of all related clients including; Farms, Agricultural Machinery, Fresh Produce, Food, Horticultural, Equestrian, Finance and Veterinary companies on an International basis. We offer an exceptional service with a personable, yet highly professional approach. Please contact our office for further information on 01527 878550.