Job Title: Horticultural Maintenance Manager – £30K + Van
Location of the Job: North West, UK
Job Ref: 13636KM
The Company: Our client is one of the UK's leading horticultural businesses. They are growers and wholesalers of bedding and ornamental plants.
The Industry: Horticultural Job, Horticultural Industry Job, Horticultural Maintenance Job, Horticultural Engineering.
Key Responsibilities and Job Role Details:
- Overseeing the planning and implementation of schedules of work and all reactive maintenance across the business including all aspect of glasshouse, vehicle, crop protection and associated production equipment maintenance.
- Responsible for ensuring control of all maintenance budgets to annual target in conjunction with the Operations manager.
- Supervising and motivating a team of around 6 workers.
- Installation of new horticultural equipment.
- Reviewing worker performance.
- Identifying training needs.
- Ensure periodic and preventative maintenance schedules are appropriately scheduled and accomplished.
- Ensure emergency troubleshooting/maintenance support are readily available as needed.
- Liaise with Production and plan to schedule plant/equipment maintenance, having regard to customer satisfaction and statutory and regulatory timings.
- Identify improvement opportunities, and progress with the teams and line management, including the development of the preventative maintenance program.
- Responsibility to comply with all Company rules for health and safety and to co-operate with the Company to ensure that all statutory duties are undertaken in line with appropriate legislation.
- Managing maintenance goal setting, activity scheduling and work allocation to ensure measurable goals, balanced workload distribution and effective staff management.
- Monitoring and continually improving maintenance processes and maintenance personnel performance to achieve best in class levels of efficiency.
- Any other duty deemed suitable by your line manager.
Ideal Person Skills and Qualifications:
- Workflow/Planning and Scheduling
- Time Management
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Communication skills
- Influencing and leading
- Strong assertive person
- Hands on
£30k Basic Salary
Plus Benefits; Company Pension and use of a company work van.
How to apply: Please send your CV and cover letter to; Kate@AgriFJ.co.uk
We thank all applicants who apply for this role. However, please be advised that only those short listed for an interview will be contacted. Please be assured that your job application will be managed in complete confidence and your personal details will not be passed to any third party without your prior permission.
To keep up to date with Agricultural and Farming Jobs latest vacancies, please use our simple registration process via the ‘Candidate’ button on our home page; www.agriFJ.co.uk
You can also set free Job Alerts so that you will be notified of new and relevant job vacancies.
Please follow us on our social media pages; LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Agricultural and Farming Jobs are an established specialist Agricultural Recruitment business with offices based in rural Worcestershire. We have a specialist and dedicated Headhunting Recruitment Division as well as a specialist Jobs Advertising Division. We recruit specifically for all roles within the Agricultural industry and support the recruitment needs of all related clients including; Farms, Agricultural Machinery, Fresh Produce, Food, Horticultural, Equestrian, Finance and Veterinary companies on an International basis. We offer an exceptional service with a personable, yet highly professional approach. Please contact our office for further information on 01527 878550.