Top 5 CV Tips!
Top 5 CV Tips!
Whether you are applying for a farm job or office type job in agriculture / farming, it is still likely that you will need a CV. A well written CV when applying for jobs is so important, as it really can be the key as to whether you will get an interview or not. Here at Agricultural and Farming Jobs, we have established a top five tips for CV writing to help you secure your important interview:
1. CLEAR CONTACT INFORMATION. Make sure that your contact details are clear on your CV and you have listed numerous ways for the employer to contact you. We recommend a mobile phone number, a home phone number, an email and address.
2. A CV IS A CV. You must make sure that you follow the simple CV rules which means including; any qualifications, training courses, employers that you have worked for with dates and positions held, as well as a BRIEF summary of what you did in your role. Try and stick to 2 pages, so that it is concise and has the most important and relevant information and is easily readable.
3. GET ADVICE. Don’t be afraid to ask people to read your CV, whether that be friends or family, old employers, colleagues, etc. Constructive feedback can only make your CV better from a reader’s point of view.
4. NOT JUST ONE CV. Be prepared to write a couple of CV’s that may vary slightly in terms of highlighting different things that you have done in your employment history. That way, you will really draw attention to what is needed with the potential employer and your CV application won’t be immediately disregarded as they cannot see the relevant information in relation to the job that you are applying for.
5. UPDATE. Always revisit your CV and make sure that everything is up to date. Maybe you have a new contact number, or have attended a new training course, or even gained a new qualification. By keeping your CV up-to-date you will really ensure that it is professional, correct and you are easily contactable!
Writing a CV can be a tedious task, but hopefully by implementing these five important tips, it will really help you to secure a fantastic new job!
When you have a CV, feel free to register on our FREE TO USE website www.agriFJ.co.uk and you will be alerted of any new jobs that match your job alerts. That way, you won’t miss out!
Best of Luck in Your Job Search!
Agricultural and Farming Jobs team.