Administrative Assistant – Hillington, Glasgow
National Milk Records
As part of the NMR Group of Companies, we require a fixed-term contract Administrative Assistant, located in our Hillington Laboratory on a Monday to Friday shift (37 hours per week). This fixed-term contract will be for a period of 12 months.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and swift registration of samples for testing and reporting of results whilst adhering to published working practices. You will work as part of a well-established and skilled team of Administrative Assistants but will be required to use your own initiative on occasions. Taking direction from the Laboratory Team Leader to ensure our current UKAS accreditation is maintained and to support any extension to scope in the future. The Administrative Assistant will help out with sample preparation by sorting tag samples, blood samples and milk samples pre-registration. Other duties will include but not exclusively archiving of paperwork, invoicing, and communication to customers by telephone & email.
Essential Key Skills:
- Attention to detail.
- Written and oral communication.
- Team working.
- Computer skills.
- Time management.
- Common sense approach with the ability to use one’s own initiative.
- Sample preparation/ordering pre testing.
- To keep up to date with changes to standard operating procedures.
- To work as part of a team, supporting the lab team to ensure the timely throughput of samples from receipt to reporting.
- To ensure that published working practices and quality standards are adhered to, and familiarise yourself with procedural changes.
- To monitor emails and deal appropriately with internal and external customer queries and sample testing issues.
- Carry out any other duties that management may deem appropriate from time to time.
Working for NMR:
Working at NMR is so much more than just a job! The company and its staff are dedicated to providing the highest quality recording, testing, health and fertility services & products for cows, supporting farmers and the farming industry to make profitable production possible.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities, particularly to those who are attracted to the ever-changing and modernising farming industry. Our teams are dedicated in providing high levels of value and customer service to the industry. We do this by both retaining our existing experienced staff and by attracting and developing the next generation of farm services staff. As an employer, we are committed to providing opportunities to:
• Maximise your potential contribution to the business
• Be involved at every level within the business
• Undertake personal and professional development
• Consistently receive a good employee experience
• And without doubt, you’ll be part of a caring, welcoming and friendly team, who have the ability to make a real difference.
What we can offer you:
Starting salary £17,500.32 per annum
Contributory company pension scheme
34 days Annual Leave (inclusive of bank holidays for Scotland)
Ongoing training and development
If you would like to apply for this position please click on the 'Apply Now' button.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 26th July 2021