Job Title: Animal Genetics Manager
Vacancy Ref: 14964 ML
Location of the Job: Warwickshire
The Job Role Overview:
We are currently recruiting for an experienced and qualified Animal Genetics Manager on a full-time permanent basis. The role supports the Head of Animal Genetics in co-ordinating, developing and running the UK's dairy cattle genetic and genomic evaluation services, but also holds responsibility for the publication and communication of genetic information on our website. A key position with the client which would suit a qualified geneticist with a background in the agricultural sector.
- Manage the publication and communication of genetic information on our website
- Develop and update communication material to support the Knowledge Exchange strategy of genetic evaluation information
- Build links with 3rd parties to increase communication and usage of genetic evaluation by farmers
- Spend time with farmers and answer farmer and industry queries to improve use of breeding information and tools
- Support the development of genetic indices and communication of its benefits to farmers
- Manage and lead on individual development projects
- Support the development and delivery of a Knowledge Exchange strategy for genetics/breeding
- Support the Welsh animal health initiative for activities related to dairy breeding
- Establish and nurture external (domestic and international) links to other information providers with the aim of adding value and avoiding duplication
- Represent client at industry meetings and conferences
- Degree level educated or equivalent with a formal qualification in Animal Breeding/Quantitative Genetics
- Proven industry experience in either agricultural extension or communications discipline also preferred, with further knowledge of dairy cattle breeding, practical dairy farming, and the dairy industry an advantage
- Confident to address dairy farming audiences with complex issues and build internal and external relationships
- Evidence of campaign development and project management, organised and diligent
- Strong analysis skills and the ability to take technical information and distil into clear and practical 'materials'
- Experience in working with large datasets, databases and SQL programming
- Hold a full UK driving licence and have flexibility to travel on a regular basis, including occasional trips outside the UK.
- An extensive benefits package including 33 days annual leave plus one privilege day (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- A single private medical health scheme
- Life assurance cover (4 x salary)
- A market-leading defined contribution pension scheme with Legal & General
- Applause Awards - every three months we celebrate employees who embrace our values; the core moral principles that are at the heart of everything we do
- Ambitious in Agriculture Awards - annual awards announced at staff conference in December
- Access to government Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Perkbox membership - this gives you a huge number of online discounts and savings
- Excellent training and development opportunities and an agreed development plan
Up to £37K depending on experience
How to apply: Please click on the 'apply now' button
We thank all applicants who apply for this role. However, please be advised that only those short listed for an interview will be contacted. Please be assured that your job application will be managed in complete confidence and your personal details will not be passed to any third party without your prior permission.
To keep up to date with Agricultural and Farming Jobs latest vacancies, please use our simple registration process via the Candidate button on our home page.
You can also set free Job Alerts so that you will be notified of new and relevant job vacancies.
Please follow us on our social media pages; LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Agricultural and Farming Jobs are an established specialist Agricultural Recruitment business with offices based in rural Worcestershire. We have a specialist and dedicated Headhunting Recruitment Division as well as a specialist Jobs Advertising Division. We recruit specifically for all roles within the Agricultural industry and support the recruitment needs of all related clients including; Farms, Agricultural Machinery, Fresh Produce, Food, Horticultural, Equestrian, Finance and Veterinary companies on an International basis. We offer an exceptional service with a personable, yet highly professional approach. Please contact our office for further information on 01527 878550.