Arable and Machinery Manager - Ireland
Glenmore Estate, Aghaveagh, Ballybofey , Co Donegal
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Glenmore Estate for an Arable & Machinery Manager to work within our renewable energy, arable and biogas entities.
Glenmore Estate is a progressive business that focuses on interdependent diversity within its portfolio, with a focus on continuously developing a circular economy within the group of companies.
Role and Responsibilities
• We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Arable & Machinery Manager with extensive land / agronomy management and machinery experience who will have responsibility for the company production of grass crops, and machinery operations of our fleet serving the Group.
• Reporting to the Operations Director, in this senior role you will be an individual confident to work with a high degree of autonomy, responsible for reporting weekly on financial performance for the functions within your division.
• The role will cover aspects such as crop planning, managing and delivering budgets, safe-working implementation, cost analysis and direct oversight of all field-based company operations.
• You will also have an input into the continued development of agronomy and production methods to maximise yield and optimise efficiency, whilst monitoring cost base and control.
• As a key member of the Senior Management Team, you will demonstrate outstanding communication and leaderships skills. You will also develop and maintain strong working relations with the field production team and key stakeholders.
• Leading by example, you will manage the delivery of all operations in line with company Health and Safety requirements and you will ensure time critical operations are carried out on a 7 day/week basis, as determined by the crop and seasonal/commercial demands.
• Significant Farm/Machinery management experience
• Technical experience of arable operations
• An excellent communicator & ability to transfer expertise
• Experience of managing teams
• Agronomy qualifications (BSc or similar)
• Experience of budgeting and forecasting
• Able to work autonomously and with authority
• Excellent organisation & computer skills
• Attention to detail and the ability to manage safety compliance
• A full Irish driving licence
In return, you will benefit from a competitive remuneration package and development opportunities within a nationally recognised company with exceptional professional growth potential.
To apply please forward a CV by email to: email@example.com or via post to: John Kennedy, Operations Director, Glenmore Estate , Aghaveagh, Ballybofey, Co Donegal, F93 Y6YW or click on the 'apply now' button.
Closing Date : 12.06.2021