Area Coordinator – South Cumbria & North Yorkshire Dales
As part of the NMR Group of Companies, we require a Full Time Area Coordinator based in the South Cumbria & North Yorkshire Dales area. The Area Coordinator will be responsible for delivery of a full milk recording service to approximately 45 farms in this area. This involves visiting the farms on an approximately monthly basis and collecting event data about the individual cows and updating the NMR database. On some farms it will also involve taking milk samples from each cow as they are milked. The role will be home based.
Essential Key Skills:
- Good time management and communication skills
- Ability to work in a flexible manner, adapting to new situations
- Organise workload and coordinate with customers and self-employed samplers
- Self-motivated with a positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Valid current driving license
- Milk recording and/or practical dairy farming experience
- Understanding of cow biology
- Competent user of Microsoft office products and web-based services
- To be responsible for data collection and entry into a custom-built software package
- To coordinate the collection of milk samples from farms
- To organise self-employed samplers to take milk samples
- To recruit and train self-employed samplers
- To ensure an excellent standard of data quality
- To support and coordinate work with other members of the NMR field team in the defined area
- To cover a wide area of farms which could involve extensive driving
Working for NMR:
Working at NMR is so much more than just a job! The company and its staff are dedicated to providing the highest quality recording, testing, health and fertility services & products for cows, supporting farmers and the farming industry to make profitable production possible.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities, particularly to those who are attracted to the ever-changing and modernising farming industry. Our teams are dedicated in providing high levels of value and customer service to the industry. We do this by both retaining our existing experienced staff and by attracting and developing the next generation of farm services staff. As an employer, we are committed to providing opportunities to:
- Maximise your potential contribution to the business
- Be involved at every level within the business
- Undertake personal and professional development
- Consistently receive a good employee experience
- And without doubt, you’ll be part of a caring, welcoming and friendly team, who have the ability to make a real difference.
What we can offer you:
- Initial and ongoing training
- Salary £19,532.67 per annum
- Company van
- Various NMR benefits
If you would like to apply for this position, please click on the 'apply now' button.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 1st October 2021.