Assistant Farm Manager / Graduate Assistant Farm Manager
Kingdom Farming - Kircaldy, Fife, Scotland
Required for a large family diverse farming contracting business throughout central Scotland.
The main role will be supervising and organising the arable team of 11. We also operate a commercial processing plant along with outside work.
This is a management role which requires you to be able to see the “big picture”, and as such you will:
• be a proactive and driven individual.
• be an enthusiastic team leader capable of motivating others.
• be able to perform under pressure and be capable of allocating resources, as necessary.
• have good communication skills and the ability to solve issues as they arise.
• have a professional outlook and manner.
• PA1, PA2 and telehandler tickets.
• BASIS qualification would be useful for agronomy supervision.
• be IT literate and have an interest in technology: we use Farmplan Products: Gatekeeper & Business Manager as well as GPS guidance systems.
The successful candidate will be expected to communicate with clients and suppliers, in order to develop and expand the business. We will offer training and support to the right candidate to further their capabilities to allow the right person to progress their career in the industry. The salary will be dependent upon experience and skills, but will be negotiable from circa £30k. Accommodation can be made available for the right candidate.
If you are interested in applying for this role and have the legal right to work in the UK, please click on the 'Apply Now' button.