Casual Laboratory Technician (Night Shift) – Hillington, Glasgow
As part of the NMR Group of Companies, we require a Casual Night Shift Laboratory Technician located in our Hillington Laboratory, Glasgow.
- Working a 7-nights-on-7-nights-off shift pattern from 9pm to 7.30am inclusive of weekends and bank holidays
- Register and analyse samples submitted to the laboratory following published Standard Operating Procedures and Quality Standards ensuring familiarity with the SOP’s
- Ensure that any instrumentation that is used during analyses is operated to established KPI’s
- Monitor and apply any amendments made to standard working practices
- Be responsible for completing laboratory records accurately
- Assist in the maintenance of the supply of consumables and reagents utilised in the laboratory
- Report any sample registration or sample analyses that do not conform to standard procedures
- Ensure the quality of customer communications, both verbal and written are of the highest standard
- Understand and follow all health and safety procedures involved with both the site and individual workstations
- Work to deadlines on a daily basis
- Undertake any other tasks as reasonably requested by Management
The Laboratory Technician (Night Shift) will provide the knowledge and skills to assist with the ongoing testing and registration of samples as well as basic maintenance of instruments that are fundamental to the laboratory’s operation. Carrying out your duties you will be required to work on a shift pattern which will include weekend and permanent nightshift working.
If you would like to apply for this position, please click on the 'apply now' button.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 3rd August 2021.