The Company: Suppliers and importers of a variety of fresh fruit and vegetables.
The Industry: Food, Fresh Produce, Commercial, Administration
Purpose of the Job:
Supporting the Account Manager to ensure the day-to-day management of the designated accounts.
All aspects of the day-to-day administration of your designated accounts including supporting the Business Unit Director in the absence of the Account Manager.
Effectively communicate information flow between the customer and internal customers and departments. Respond to customer correspondence effectively and in a timely manner, communicating all key information to colleagues.
1) Internal communication of;
Reviewing the orders for your accounts – ensuring that, volumes, box/tray, case count, packing site are correct and amended as necessary - daily administration e.g. NPD forms.
Budgeted sales (value & volume) and margins.
Sales volumes (forecast).
Communication of pricing.
Specification changes (if required).
Understand, follow & use NAV as required to complete your role.
Management of orders for non-retail sales.
Run appropriate management reports e.g. price checking, forecasting.
Co-ordinate samples and couriers.
Booking of distribution services (non-retail sales) required to fulfil customer sales orders.
Timely investigation of price discrepancies/debit notes.
To give input into commercial process development and procedures to deliver efficiencies.
2) Customer, effectively communicating key items to customers examples include;
Availability & where appropriate amendment forms.
Pricing (communication of price changes).
Service levels monitoring and tracking - customer KPI monitoring and delivery.
Brand bank samples.
3) Weekly benchmarking/comparative shop-buying samples and collating information as required and communication of changes.
4) Working alongside the Account Manager to understand and support the information flow required to deliver key account management.
5) Identify trends within the market/customer using insight from various sources & customer data sites.
6) Key point of contact for customer visits. Ensure all customer contact is documented and disseminated and relevant preparations are made.
7) New product development, identify opportunities.
8) Projects & Initiatives; Working with Account Manager and other personnel across a number of functions (internal & external) to deliver specific projects and initiatives as described in your objectives. For these projects you will co-ordinate all aspects from start to finish including delivery. Keeping the relevant parties up to date at all times.
9) Make proposals and presentations to your line manager, Directors and others outlining account/category performance, and presenting other information that may be required from time to time. Reading and writing reports relevant to your area of responsibility.
10) Maintain and archive all records in an orderly and accurate manner to ensure due diligence and a system capable of audit.
11) You will be expected to perform such additional activities as your manager may reasonably request or as is necessary for the running of the business unit.
12) The job role requires a flexible approach to working hours and you will be required to work the hours necessary to complete your duties.
13) You may also be responsible for an area or product group, where you will be the primary contact with customer, under the guidance of the Account Manager.
14) This portfolio will change from time to time depending on supply windows and new product developments. Ensure the key category objectives set by your line manager are achieved.
15) Purchasing either a product group or packaging.
Key point of contact for supplier (day to day).
Entering of purchased product onto the system.
Management and control of purchased items/arrivals & discrepancies.
Communication of claims.
Ideal Person Skills and Qualifications:
Value the importance of ‘Team’, and participate in the success of the wider team, irrespective of personal preferences.
Be a completer/finisher with a high degree of attention to detail and maintaining a sense of urgency and “can do approach”. Great time management.
Conduct business in a structured and professional manner.
Manage your working environment such that it is both safe and reflects a professional attitude.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills.
Ability to balance multiple projects to the required deadlines. Maintain a professional approach throughout.
Good at building relationships a 'people person'.
Calm methodical approach to problem resolution.
Strong influencing & persuading skills
Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages with an aptitude for learning additional packages as required.
Be persistent but approachable. Continually challenge yourself and others. Not accept complacency
Full driving licence. Be mobile with ability to visit retailer stores on a regular basis.
£18K – £22K
How to apply: Please send your CV and cover letter to; Emma@agriFJ.co.uk
We thank all applicants who apply for this role. However, please be advised that only those short listed for an interview will be contacted. Please be assured that your job application will be managed in complete confidence and your personal details will not be passed to any third party without your prior permission.
To keep up to date with Agricultural and Farming Jobs latest vacancies, please use our simple registration process via the ‘Candidate’ button on our home page; www.agriFJ.co.uk
You can also set free Job Alerts so that you will be notified of new and relevant job vacancies.
Please follow us on our social media pages; LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Agricultural and Farming Jobs are an established specialist Agricultural Recruitment business with offices based in rural Worcestershire. We have a specialist and dedicated Headhunting Recruitment Division as well as a specialist Jobs Advertising Division. We recruit specifically for all roles within the Agricultural industry and support the recruitment needs of all related clients including; Farms, Agricultural Machinery, Fresh Produce, Food, Horticultural, Equestrian, Finance and Veterinary companies on an International basis. We offer an exceptional service with a personable, yet highly professional approach. Please contact our office for further information on 01527 878550.