Location of the Job: Hertfordshire
- £35,000 - £45,000 basic salary depending on experience.
- 28 days holiday per year rising to 33 days after 12 month's service.
- Car allowance or company car.
- Company mobile phone.
- Membership fees of professional associations paid by company.
Is a designer and landscaper of award winning outdoor spaces, these are bespoke handcrafted created places delivered with experienced craftsmanship.
The Job Role Overview:
As the Contracts Manager you will be responsible for delivering landscaping projects that reflect the company's commitment to client satisfaction, quality standards and business growth.
- Prepare, present and progress estimates for high-end residential and commercial landscaping schemes.
- Manage Profit and Loss for individual projects.
- Source hardscaping materials and plants, working in partnership with suppliers.
- Coach and mentor Landscaping Team Leaders.
- Champion and ensure compliance on all sites to The Garden Company Code of Conduct, Landscaping Standard Operating Procedures and Health and Safety Policy
- Build and sustain excellent client relationships.
- Work collaboratively with designers.
- Manage specialist contractors.
- Work collaboratively with other parties involved in projects (e.g. architects and engineers).
- Communicate proactively with the MD and other managers in the business.
Be educated to degree level or similar vocational qualification, with at least 5 years' experience at managerial level of:
- Costing, negotiating & project managing high-end residential schemes.
- Managing in-house teams and specialist contractors
- Working effectively with discerning clients
- Collaborating with other professionals including garden designers, architects and engineers.
- However the client would also consider a well-qualified person with less experience looking to move into a more senior position.
Skills and outlook:
In addition, as the successful candidate you will demonstrate:
- Strong focus on client satisfaction and exceptional client-facing skills.
- Passion for landscaping craftsmanship and quality.
- Professional communication abilities (verbal and written).
- Negotiation skills.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills (self and others).
- Have excellent computer skills including use of Word/Excel/costing programs.