Customer Service Operator - Wolverhampton
As part of the NMR Group of Companies, we require a Full Time Customer Services Operator located at the NML Four Ashes Laboratory.
The Customer Services Operator will be responsible for the provision of an efficient quality testing service. The office is operational 365 days per year providing customer services for a range of key dairy companies. As part of a dynamic Customer Services Team, the successful candidate will work a Monday to Friday shift pattern. The rota also includes public holidays should they fall on your shift pattern. Excellent communication skills and the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook are essential.
Essential Key Skills:
• An ability to network and communicate
• Good Interpersonal skills (Written and verbal)
• Knowledge of NML products and Services in designated area of office
• Good IT skills including the use of databases and spreadsheets
• The ability to maintain a neutral perspective and not give opinions when dealing with clients and producers
• The ability to use own initiative to make decisions in the absence of direct management or senior staff using the business resource to deal with any challenges presented on a daily basis
- To be responsible for the provision of an efficient quality milk testing service through working in designated areas of the office
- To undertake a variety of tasks including test scheduling, sample registration, reporting and dealing with customer enquiries.
- To provide good customer service while making and receiving telephone calls and to promote our products and services.
- To ensure that working practices, standard operating procedures, Health & Safety policies, Service Level Agreements and quality standards are adhered to.
- To ensure all equipment and systems are in working order and if not, notify relevant departments for repairs.
- To manage email mailboxes and administration spreadsheets.
- To liaise with other departments including the Hillington Laboratory, Chippenham Head Office, NMR Customer Services and subcontractors in the provision of NML/ NMR services.
- To work the specified rota and be flexible in providing overtime cover when required.
Working for NMR:
Working at NMR is so much more than just a job! The company and its staff are dedicated to providing the highest quality recording, testing, health and fertility services & products for cows, supporting farmers and the farming industry to make profitable production possible.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities, particularly to those who are attracted to the ever-changing and modernising farming industry. Our teams are dedicated in providing high levels of value and customer service to the industry. We do this by both retaining our existing experienced staff and by attracting and developing the next generation of farm services staff. As an employer, we are committed to providing opportunities to:
• Maximise your potential contribution to the business
• Be involved at every level within the business
• Undertake personal and professional development
• Consistently receive a good employee experience
• And without doubt, you’ll be part of a caring, welcoming and friendly team, who have the ability to make a real difference.
What we can offer you:
Starting salary £18,525 per annum
Contributory company pension scheme
Share Incentive Plan
33 days Annual Leave (inclusive of bank holidays for England and Wales).
Ongoing training and development offered throughout your career with the company
If you would like to apply for this position, please forward your CV and Covering Letter to: Marie Bailey via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you quote the Vacancy Number 091120 in the subject of your email application.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 29th November 2020
Vacancy No. 091120