Dayshift Laboratory Team Leader – Four Ashes, Wolverhampton
As part of the NMR Group of Companies, we require a Full Time Laboratory Team Leader located at the Four Ashes Laboratory based in Wolverhampton.
The Laboratory Team Leader will provide guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to a team of laboratory technicians. They will have the purpose of managing the processes involved in registering and analysing samples and authorising results in accordance to customers agreed service levels. Carrying out your duties you will be required to work a shift consisting of five days on including one weekend day. From time to time training and cover may be required during the laboratories operational times on the night shift.
Essential Key Skills:
· To have experience and a background within the science or related industry
· To have strong and demonstrable leadership skills
· To be able to motivate a team to achieve an end goal
· To have excellent organisational skills
· To be a strong communicator to be able to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders within the laboratory function
· To have excellent project management skills
· To control and develop employee training experiences
• Manage the workflow through the various Laboratory departments during the day to ensure resources are used as efficiently as possible
• Line Manage Laboratory Staff
• Ensure samples are registered, tested and results entered in accordance with SOP’s and working practices.
• To train all laboratory staff in new laboratory methods and amendments to existing ones.
• Assist the Quality Unit in maintain training records for all Laboratory Technicians
• Assist the laboratory’s aim for UKAS accreditation according to the timescale set by Laboratory Management.
• Provide assistance with both internal and external customer testing issues associated with the laboratory
• Ensure that available equipment operates to maximum efficiency.
• Deal appropriately with internal and external customer queries.
Working for NMR:
Working at NMR is so much more than just a job! The company and its staff are dedicated to providing the highest quality recording, testing, health and fertility services & products for cows, supporting farmers and the farming industry to make profitable production possible.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities, particularly to those who are attracted to the ever-changing and modernising farming industry. Our teams are dedicated in providing high levels of value and customer service to the industry. We do this by both retaining our existing experienced staff and by attracting and developing the next generation of farm services staff. As an employer, we are committed to providing opportunities to:
Maximise your potential contribution to the business
Be involved at every level within the business
Undertake personal and professional development
Consistently receive a good employee experience
And without doubt, you’ll be part of a caring, welcoming and friendly team, who have the ability to make a real difference.
What we can offer you:
· Starting salary £24,211.18 per annum
· Contributory company pension scheme
· Share Incentive Plan
· Ongoing training and development offered throughout your career with the company
If you would like to apply for this position, please forward your CV and Covering Letter explaining why the position is for you to; Andrew Daley on email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications is 21st May 2021
Vacancy no. 070521