Farm Assessor - Exeter
SAI Global, a global Risk Management Company, is looking to recruit a specialist Farm Assessor to join our expanding team on a self-employed or zero-hour contract basis in the Exeter area with a focus of Beef, Lamb, Dairy and Crop audits. As an Assessor, you will be required to plan and conduct professional Red Tractor audits to enable the delivery of assessment and certification services that meet customer requirements. Due to the nature of the position, the ability to empathise and communicate with customers is crucial, alongside a farming background with exposure to Beef, Lamb, Dairy, or Crops. An overview of the role has been provided below:
• To carry out Red Tractor accredited audit programmes with a focus on Beef, Lamb, Diary and Crop audits;
• To deliver specific client training programmes and on-the-job coaching, where required;
• To provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to our clients;
• To fully follow the Audit Brief for all audits undertaken, ensuring audit specific requirements are met;
• To accurately complete all paperwork, hand held data capture forms, and other documentation, as required, for each client audit/visit;
• To progress actions speedily and report delays in completion to any agreed timescales.
Experience and Professional Qualifications:
• Formal Qualification/Degree in Agriculture or a related field is desirable;
• Relevant experience working with associated Agriculture area (cattle/sheep/pigs/crops/organics etc) or in industry. Additionally, experience with any Red Tractor scheme would also be desirable;
• Good communication, IT and organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills both written and verbal with the ability to communicate at all levels;
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated;
• Strong empathetic communicator with confident approach to dealing with people;
• Strong writing and analytical skills;
• Logical approach to planning and organising.
If you are interested in the position, please click on the 'Apply Now' button to be redirected to the company application form.