Job Title: Farm Consultant
Our client, A leading property agent offering outstanding specialist services and expert advice to clients, helping with property and land decisions. Established for over 100 years and ever evolving and expanding around the world. Due to continued growth and success they are now looking to recruit for an experienced Farm Consultant to join their team in Scotland.
Property and Land management
- Consistently deliver high performance in terms of client service, profitability and compliance
- Carry out Farm Consultancy and Management on behalf of retained clients, as well as providing one-off consultancy to new clients.
- Prepare financial budgets and cash flows, monitoring forecast against actual income and expenditure
- Preparation of annual management reports
- Completion of SAF claims and ensuring Cross Compliance regulations are met
- Design and management of Rural Development Contracts and/or successor schemes
- Provide advice on how emerging regulations and practices may affect business plans
- Contribute to the development of the Food & Farming department through networking internally and externally, building close relationships with existing and new clients and their professional advisors
- Support the Head of Food & Farming in Scotland with the performance management of the department
- Actively lead business
- To contribute to and support business development initiatives and tenders, targeting and winning new business, and agreeing the scope of instructions and fees as appropriate
- Take an active role in the marketing and promotion of agribusiness at office, national and UK level
- To help promote and deliver the firm's compliance procedures and standards
Ideal Person Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in a similar role (essential)
- Driving licence and own car
- Highly competent and skilled with Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Financially literate - business and profit focused
- Well-connected and perceived within the industry
- Proven record of ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to quickly build rapport and long-standing client and colleague relationships, at all levels
- An interest and track-record in generating new business
- Possesses vision and can develop complex strategies and solutions
- Commits to challenging goals and delivers consistently against these
- Financial and commercial acumen with excellent planning, budgeting, and operational reporting skills
- Self-starter, who relishes challenges and strives for the best
- Team player and proven leader who builds relationships and consults with others, quickly establishing trust and credibility
- Commercially aware
- Self-motivated, goal driven individual able to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a clear and logical fashion, with good organisational skills and attention to detail
- £30,000 - £50,000 per annum (experience dependant)
- Enhanced pension
- Car allowance
- 28 Days annual leave + Bank Holidays
We thank all applicants who apply for this role. However, please be advised that only those short listed for an interview will be contacted.
Please be assured that your job application will be managed in complete confidence and your personal details will not be passed to any third party without your prior permission.
Agricultural and Farming Jobs are an established specialist Agricultural Recruitment business with offices based in rural Worcestershire.
We have a specialist and dedicated Headhunting Recruitment Division as well as a specialist Jobs Advertising Division. We recruit specifically for all roles within the Agricultural industry and support the recruitment needs of all related clients including; Farms, Agricultural Machinery, Fresh Produce, Food, Horticultural, Equestrian, Finance and Veterinary companies on an International basis.
We offer an exceptional service with a personable, yet highly professional approach.