Job Title: Farm Estates Manager
Location of the Job: Chelmsford
Salary & Benefits Package: £34,304 + 2 Bedroom Property, Great Transport links, Car parking, break out area, Well-being 25 Days Holiday entitlement, Training & development offered
Additional Information: This role will also be subject to an Enhanced DBS
About The Company: Our client is a prestigious Land Based Further Education institution and offers a range of land-based, animal and sport courses at various levels of academic study including Postgraduate, Undergraduate, Further Education, Short Courses and Apprenticeships. They also provide students with the options of being able to study certain courses on a part-time basis.
The Job Role Details:
To provide the day-to-day requirements for the development and maintenance of the Institution's green estate. This includes the farm site, the cattle and sheep livestock operations, conservation areas and equine grazing.
- To play a lead role in developing and implementing the Institution's green estate strategies.
- Be responsible for the daily management of the farm site, with particular emphasis on the husbandry requirements
- Work in conjunction with the Pig Unit Manager and the Academic teams to ensure the timely undertaking of all appropriate on-farm tasks.
- Line manage individuals employed on the farm
- Undertake purchasing and sales, in liaison with the Finance Office.
- To co-ordinate, in conjunction with academic staff and other stakeholders, the development and implementation of a 5-year rolling plan for the Farm
- Ensure that day to day maintenance of farm buildings is undertaken
Ideal Person Skills & Qualifications:
You will have / be…
- Previous experience in a similar role - estates planning, estates, farming operations
- Postgraduate / Professional qualification or ability to demonstrate relevant level of experience
- preferably linked to estates management
- Exceptional, proven stockmanship skills
- Previous experience of managing breeding sheep and cattle to a very high standard
- Appropriate competency certificates (Rough Terrain Forklift, Tractor Driving, PA1, PA2 & PA6, Brushcutter, Chainsaw, Hedge-cutting, Working at Heights, Manual Handling, First Aid, Safe Use of Veterinary Medicines, PUWER)
- Full Driving Licence
- Competency with a range of farm equipment; for example, fertiliser spreader, plough, dirty water irrigation equipment, baler, forage-making equipment etc.
- Up to date knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation
How to apply: Please click apply