Gardening Department Manager
Vacancy Ref: 14856
Hours of work: 40 hours per week, Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Gardening Department Manager to join a Garden Centre located in Worcestershire.
The Garden Department Managers pride themselves on not only giving customers the very best in product quality and choice, but also on providing them with an aspirational shopping experience through creating stunning visual displays.
They work hard to constantly ensure stock availability, and that our customers enjoy exceptional service and specialist advice.
- As a Garden Department Manager, you would be responsible for managing and leading your team in pulling all of this vital activity together so that our customers have a truly unique and memorable shopping experience.
- Your focus will always be on the customer and meeting their expectations, but you will also have responsibility for driving sales and profitability - so you will have a real sense of ownership and empowerment!
Our ideal Garden Department Managers will:
- Have experience of working in Garden Centres, although we are open to talking to candidates from any horticultural or Retail background
- Have an energetic personality with an ability to easily engage with and connect with our AB1 target customers
- Have a creative and entrepreneurial attitude towards retailing
- Have a good knowledge of gardening
- Be able to recognise and act on sales opportunities
- Be meticulous to the detail in terms of product placement, standards, presentation, visual elevation and overall look and feel
- Have an ability to manage and develop a team
- Be able to use reports in order to improve performance
- Have an ability to manage stock from entry to exit within the centre
- Be an excellent communicator
- Be able to use an Epos system
Package: Up to £26K
As well as a rewarding career with potential for career development, you can expect a competitive salary, attractive staff discount and paid holidays.
How to apply:
Please click on the apply here button.
We thank all applicants who apply for this role. However, please be advised that only those short listed for an interview will be contacted.
Please be assured that your job application will be managed in complete confidence and your personal details will not be passed to any third party without your prior permission.
Agricultural and Farming Jobs are an established specialist Agricultural Recruitment business with offices based in rural Worcestershire.
We have a specialist and dedicated Headhunting Recruitment Division as well as a specialist Jobs Advertising Division. We recruit specifically for all roles within the Agricultural industry and support the recruitment needs of all related clients including; Farms, Agricultural Machinery, Fresh Produce, Food, Horticultural, Equestrian, Finance and Veterinary companies on an International basis.
We offer an exceptional service with a personable, yet highly professional approach.