- Our client's culture of driving sales must be supported by strong stock management by ensuring all Managers (Department Heads), Goods In and Till Colleagues understand their key responsibilities in achieving this objective.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate stock files, thus reflecting accurate profit margins.
- This approach ensures that all stock variances will be resolved and those unknowns will be clearly determined to be shrinkage(theft).
- Accountable for reducing shrinkage across all areas of the business to the agreed company guidelines.
- The company will carry out quarterly audits using the Stock Management Audit process to ensure all stock control systems and processes are fully compliant and in-line with business requirements. Audits should be submitted to the profit protection team once completed. This stock management audit process is your operational audit bible.
- All stock related issues should be discussed with your Manager (Department Head) in the first instance.
- The Category Heads and CREMS will have full stock responsibility across the centre and you will communicate with your Manager (Department Heads)
- To maintain an accurate stock file, it is essential to ensure all shop floor staff, goods in and till staff have an excellent overall understanding of stock control and the current epos system
- Ensure all procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure all staff are given full initial training in all areas of using the epos system.
- Ensure new staff are fully trained using a structured training programme and feel comfortable in requesting further training should it be required.
- Actively take part in daily stock management processes including ordering and receipting stock, stock taking, wastage and credit requests, till operations and cash management.
- Ensure scheduled weekly one to one walk rounds take place, between yourself and each Manager (Department Head), Goods In Supervisor, Till Supervisor and or Customer Service Manager.
- Ensure stock takes are completed as scheduled, all reasons for shrinkage are understood and controls are being adhered to.
- Ensure all stock stored in external storage areas is well organised clean and tidy.
Customer Service and Communication
- Ensure there are high standards of customer service across the Centre, leading by example and focusing all employees on delivering the very best in customer service.
- Create a customer centric culture.
- To monitor and review customer service levels through online customer feedback, compliment slips, and customer reviews on social media platforms and take immediate action on dealing with any identified areas for improvement.
- Ensure that all media platform reviews are responded to in a professional and timely manner.
- Provide relevant content and information on the group's digital channels such as local Facebook and Garden Centre web pages, to promote the Garden Centre activities and promotions to encourage a wider audience to visit the centre.
Centre Management and Appearance
- Hold weekly Manager (Department Head) meetings to ensure all aspects of the business are discussed at high level.
- Space planning will ultimately be dictated by the Managing Director through planning resolution with the relevant Category Head & CREM, this will be communicated to the GCOM and relevant Manager (Department Head) accordingly.
- To actively support the Manager (Department Heads) in the resolution of staffing shortages.
- To floor walk the centre regularly during each day to ensure that its overall appearance and presentation is always "ready for trade"
- To ensure the housekeeping of the garden centres grounds, car parking, pathways, borders and other facilities including toilets are kept to the same high standard.
- To be responsible for the overall control of the centre and ensure that all costs of the business are managed in line with the budget. This will include reviewing the monthly management accounts, understanding the detail of each cost category and creating an action plan where costs are not in line with budget.
- To be responsible for managing the Centre's overheads within the framework of the budget including staffing, maintenance, training, and any other related cost control, benchmarking performance against similar centres.
- To have an overview and understanding of the Centre's overall commercial performance as defined by the weekly Potential Opportunities report (profit, footfall, wastage and stock) and to report any concerns or questions to the relevant CREM.
HR and Payroll
- To be responsible for coordinating local recruitment efforts for all General Assistant and supervisor level roles ensuring a proactive approach in advertising in-store, on social media channels,
- The Category Head will take full responsibility for the selection and engagement of new Manager (Department Heads) at Centre level along with their remuneration.
- To be responsible for carrying out employee relations processes as and when needed (such as grievances, disciplinary and managing poor performance) under the advice of Group HR and/or the relevant CREM or Category Head.
- To be responsible for coordinating and signing off the monthly payroll submissions and audit reports in a timely fashion and in accordance with the Group's established processes.
- To be the "eyes and ears" across the Centre for monitoring employee morale, engagement and interaction with the business and reporting back to the Managers.