Genomics Services Specialist – Home Based
National Milk Records plc (NMR) is the leading supplier of management information to enable dairy herd improvement. Delivering milk quality, health and genomic testing services, NMR provides data on individual cows’ performance to the dairy industry in the UK to assist with informed decision making. This job is home based; however, driving will be a significant part of the role.
The Genomics market will be worth $20 billion by 2020 according to the Economist. NMR has the UK’s broadest range of market-leading services and is currently developing innovative new services for the UK market. These developments form part of a robust business plan to assist in capturing a large proportion of the projected market with a three-year window.
The Genomic Services Specialist role will be responsible for developing and implementing the Genomic business plan to maximise the return from the NMR Group’s existing investment in GeneEze, as well as planning future potential investments in this sector. This includes counselling, canvassing, marketing, and implementation of the overall business plans. The role will be home based with national travel.
The Genomic Services Specialist is to provide technical backup and key account management to new and existing users and will be working closely with all involved in the delivery chain and third parties such as farm consultants. The Genomic Services Specialist will also be required to communicate and work efficiently with the NMR field team, particularly the Area Development Managers (ADM’s) and to a lesser degree with Area Field Managers (AFM’s)
The individual will need to work with our “in house” industry specialists to develop the market and promote through the NMR Field team to existing NMR customers and non-customers and to co-ordinate on-farm sales and business development. Ensuring a good network of third party links will be essential in marketing the product range. The role will also be required to keep up to date with competitor products and services and ensure this knowledge is imparted to the Field team, Customer Services and management.
Essential Key Skills:
- Data analysis and validation
- Good problem solver/investigative skills
- Attention to detail/accuracy
- Flexible approach to work hours and tasks
- Great communications skills, especially with vets and farmers
- A good level of knowledge of both genetics and genomics
- Higher National Diploma in Agriculture or equivalent experience.
- Successful sales and marketing with technical track record
- IT skills essential to be able to market software.
- Practical experience of dairy farming, livestock farming.
- To be responsible for the delivery of key marketing strategies particularly GenoCells
- To provide analytics directly to farm and also at a higher level to 3rd parties
- To undertake studies and projects to drive the sales/turnover of GeneEze in accordance to the business plan
- To use and develop the non-customer database, CRM system and generate market intelligence on competitor’s services.
- To ensure that the relevant Health and Safety regulations and statutory requirements are fully complied with.
- Any other duties that management may deem appropriate from time to time.
Working for NMR:
Working at NMR is so much more than just a job as we are an integral part of the farming community. Our staff provide the highest quality recording, testing, health and fertility services & products, supporting farmers and the dairy industry to improve profitable production and animal welfare.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities, particularly to those who are attracted to the ever-changing and modernising farming industry and our teams are dedicated in providing high levels of value and customer service. We do this by both retaining our existing experienced staff and by attracting dynamic new employees. As an employer, we are committed to providing opportunities to:
- Maximise your potential contribution to the business
- Be involved at every level within the business
- Undertake personal and professional development
- Consistently receive a good employee experience
- And without doubt, you will be part of a caring, welcoming, and friendly team, who could make a real difference.
What we can offer you:
- Initial and ongoing training
- Starting salary approximately £28,436.54 per annum
- Company vehicle
- Company contributory pension scheme
- NMR share incentive plan
- Various other NMR benefits
If you would like to apply for this position, please forward your CV and covering letter to: Richard Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you quote the Vacancy Number 040521 in the subject of your email application.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 28th May 2021.