Job Title: Goods In Manager
Vacancy Ref: 14973 ML
Location of the Job: Derbyshire
The Company: We have an exciting opportunity for a Goods In Manager to join a Garden Centre located in Derbyshire
We pride ourselves in not only giving our customers the very best in product quality and choice, but also in providing them with an aspirational shopping experience through creating stunning visual displays. As the ideal candidate, you will be well presented, physically fit, professional and friendly with a passion for great customer and merchandising, as well as a good eye for detail. Our customers are our main priority so therefore you will be polite and outgoing and someone who always puts the customer first.
The Job role
- As Goods In Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing our smooth and efficient processes for all incoming stock, inter branch transfers, stock returns and the upkeep and overall appearance of the yard and stock storage areas. You will work with your team to ensure that all stock is received and despatched on our systems accurately to enable an accurate stock file and any errors are identified and resolved with suppliers as quickly as possible. You will carry out any required training of your team to ensure that any mistakes that occur will not occur in the future
- Communication is a key part of this role; you will be working alongside the other Department Managers and the GCOM (centre manager) to ensure that deliveries are processed in accordance with stock requirements and all stock is transferred onto the shop floor as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Have a strong eye for detail and be able to work with a very high level of accuracy
- Have experience of working in a busy incoming goods environment, ideally within retail
- Be flexible in your approach to dealing with high level of incoming deliveries in respect to extra hours required during the week and the weekend if required
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have outstanding organisational skills to ensure efficiency in your team's processing of deliveries and in maintaining an organised goods in area
- Be able to work well under pressure
- Be approachable
- Have excellent prioritisation skills
- Enjoy and be good at problem solving
- Have experience of supervising or managing a small team
- Be a good team player and focused on consistently meeting deadlines
- Have a good working knowledge of standard IT applications, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Ideally have experience of working with a computerised stock management system, using handheld devices to scan barcodes on goods
- Ideally have a fork lift licence or a willingness to obtain one
As well as a rewarding career with potential for career development, you can expect a competitive salary, attractive staff discount and paid holidays.
Salary package £22-£25K
How to apply: Please click apply here button
We thank all applicants who apply for this role. However, please be advised that only those short listed for an interview will be contacted. Please be assured that your job application will be managed in complete confidence and your personal details will not be passed to any third party without your prior permission.
To keep up to date with Agricultural and Farming Jobs latest vacancies, please use our simple registration process via the 'Candidate' button on our home page; www.agriFJ.co.uk
You can also set free Job Alerts so that you will be notified of new and relevant job vacancies.
Please follow us on our social media pages; LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Agricultural and Farming Jobs are an established specialist Agricultural Recruitment business with offices based in rural Worcestershire. We have a specialist and dedicated Headhunting Recruitment Division as well as a specialist Jobs Advertising Division. We recruit specifically for all roles within the Agricultural industry and support the recruitment needs of all related clients including; Farms, Agricultural Machinery, Fresh Produce, Food, Horticultural, Equestrian, Finance and Veterinary companies on an International basis. We offer an exceptional service with a personable, yet highly professional approach.