Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
- Lead the day to day Quality Management Systems within the pack house.
- Uphold and drive quality and environmental standards within Operations.
- Manage the performance of the QA Team.
- Ensure compliance is maintained for BRC and other standards.
Areas of responsibility and main duties:
1. Maintain QA systems and procedures and ensure that they are effective
2. Support members of the QA team, monitor their work, deal with their technical queries and ensure they deliver to the required standards.
3. Provide guidance to the packhouse in the event of quality issues acting in the best interests of all parties
4. Assist Packhouse Managers/Shift Managers in driving training and development throughout the business.
5. Participate in continuous improvement culture.
6. Facilitate NPD procedure ensuring that they are available ahead of any product launch or re-launch.
7. Monitoring of stock - age and condition regularly.
8. Drive product rotation and optimisation ensuring appropriate stock usage at all times
9. Monitor quality performance trends, ensuring the wider team are aware of any concerns and plans are in place to address issues.
10. Formally follow up all Customer complaints, depot rejections and warnings
11. Prepare reports/Meeting notes in relation to QMS system - HACCP, Quarterly Quality and project work where necessary.
13. The duties and responsibilities listed above would be those normally required of you. However, as a member of the technical team, it is a condition of your employment that you may be asked to carry out other reasonable tasks as and when the business dictates.
1. Ensure compliance with food safety law and customer GMP.
2. Plan and manage customer visits.
3. Follow and enforce all company policy & procedure.
4. Flexibility to travel overseas and within the UK as required.
Personal qualities and necessities:
* Ability to manage a team
* Organisation of team work loads
* Coaching skills and leadership, situation management coaching training
* Planning and organisation
* Work under pressure to tight dead lines
* Able to analyse understand and solve problems
* Team working with other teams
* Ability to build networks inside and outside organisation
* Negotiation persuasion and influencing others
* Act in a professional manner at all times
* Judgement and decision making especially under pressure
* Prioritisation skills
* Ability to Collation and analysis of information
* Computer skills Word, excel, data bases
* Internal auditing
* HACCP level 3
* Food hygiene basic
* Knowledge of BRC accreditation
* Knowledge of other accreditation programmes e.g. F2F, Soil Association, SMETA, Red Tractor
* Quality Management System development and organisation