Head of Commercial at LettUs Grow
An introduction to LettUs Grow
LettUs Grow is a fast-paced and environmentally conscious start-up based in the heart of Bristol. We design technology for indoor farms with the mission to reduce the waste and carbon footprint of fresh produce by enabling anyone, anywhere, to grow nutritious produce near its point of consumption.
We’ve developed innovative hardware and software solutions that combine efficient aeroponic technology with data collection, automation and operational insights for the farmers and growers of the future. We are scaling quickly to meet the growing demand for this trailblazing technology.
With a team of open, caring and ambitious peers, working in a technically-challenging and impact-driven industry, this is somewhere to really make your mark on society and help feed the next generation.
An introduction to the role:
As Head of Commercial at LettUs Grow, you will be an integral member of the senior management team with overall responsibility for leading LettUs Grow’s commercial strategy.
In this role, you will manage the commercial team so experience building and supporting teams is an absolute must. It’s important that you understand the whole commercial journey; starting from a minimum viable product to building and fulfilling a robust demand for that product. You’re prepared and ready to help navigate your team through this transformation, and all the nuances that come with it.
As we are a company driven by ethical and sustainable choices, it’s important that you not only understand our mission and goals but have the ambition to join us in improving our fragile food system.
As this is a commercial role within the controlled environment agriculture (CEA) industry, it’s also imperative you have experience working within agriculture, horticulture and/or food technology. We expect the Head of Commercial to join the team already understanding the industry, our technology and audience.
We look forward to welcoming the right person to our diverse team of horticulturists, growers, engineers, marketeers and operational experts, to design and build the next generation of indoor farming technology together.
Salary band: Dependent upon experience alongside a benefits package designed to foster your personal and professional development.
Application deadline: Rolling.
● Attend senior management meetings, provide key logistical information to the senior management team and contribute to high-level company decision making.
● Develop and implement the commercial strategy (taking into account margin performance) in alignment with LettUs Grow’s overall business strategy. This would include business development, and marketing objectives and tactics.
● Lead in the launch of Ostara, our farm management software, as a stand alone product.
● Develop and deliver on the commercial performance targets for DROP & GROW container farms.
● Develop measures to track and improve the overall commercial performance of the business.
● Develop internal processes and reporting to drive accountability and commercial performance.
● Explore commercial opportunities for LettUs Grow products in other horticultural areas including greenhouse and polytunnel farming.
● Develop our overseas commercial strategy.
● Develop and nurture key industry relationships.
● Recruit, manage and support your team to deliver commercial objectives.
● Oversee all processes to ensure we are staying true to the LettUs Grow version of the quadruple bottom line: people, planet, plants and profit.
Who are you?
● You are first and foremost an excellent communicator. You actively listen to others and always respond with honesty, kindness and respect whether it be internally or externally.
● You’ve spent more than ten years working in sales, business development and marketing industries.
● You’re a leader. You inspire your team to be creative, ambitious and you encourage them to always stay learning. You provide support when needed but trust the experts across the team to do their jobs.
● You’re an empathetic person who understands our audiences, potential customers and clients perspectives.
● You’re passionate about the industry and what it can do.
● You’re ethically driven and you embed this into your professional choices.
● You’re determined and driven with a natural commercial edge.
What you need:
● Ten plus years experience in scaling and leading commercial operations (marketing and business development).
● Experience and expertise in setting up commercial strategies (marketing and business development).
● Experience in the horticultural and/or agricultural sector.
● Experience building and supporting teams.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Experience expanding commercial operations internationally.
● Experience with the investment journey.
● Experience selling high end and expensive products.
● Experience marketing to multiple and varied audiences from investors to farmers.
The position is to begin as soon as possible and is full-time (37.5 hours per week) based in central Bristol with remote working options. Salary will be competitive to match experience, with the benefit of employee share options scheme.
LettUs Grow Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Living Wage Employer. We encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply for our positions regardless of sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, neurodiversity, and/or disability. At LettUs Grow we celebrate our differences and embrace what makes every human unique.
LettUs Grow takes the safety of our employees very seriously and has implemented the necessary safety precautions in response to Covid-19. You will be given the necessary materials to work remotely as well as having access to our office, workshop and farm located in Bristol. This position will not be affected by any government issued lockdowns in response to the Coronavirus.
About LettUs Grow
Everything we do is impact-driven. We want to make a substantial positive change, not just through our products, but also in how we operate as a team. We are ambitious, responsible and caring, and bring these core-values into everything we do. This is clear in the way we approach challenges: we’re ambitious enough to run into a fair few, responsible enough to address them with innovative solutions and caring in our approach to solving them as a team, for the good of our planet and all the people that inhabit it.
At LettUs Grow, we collaborate across teams so you’ll have the opportunity to work with our team of plant scientists and engineers or to speak at public events with our communications team.
Post-Covid, you will be working from our open office where hotdesking is encouraged, within our world-class horticultural research facility and/or in our engineering workshops and production areas.
At LettUs Grow we offer everyone:
● Flexible working hours. Whether your child's ill, you're waiting for a package or you have some deep-focussed work to do, we all need some time away from the office.
● A living wage in line with our salary framework.
● 25 days holiday a year (pro rata, plus UK public holidays), and we encourage you to use them all up! If you don't, you can carry some over into next year.
● Training and professional development: training courses, resources and conferences that help you learn and grow in your role and for your future.
● A team of ambitious, open and impact-driven employees.
● A newly refurbished, open-plan office environment and cutting edge research facility, complete with skill-sharing workshops and a ping-pong table.
● The best coffee in town. We keep our team well fuelled with top notch coffee from a local supplier.
● A subscription to Blinkist with access to an online library of non fiction reading and audiobook material.
● Cycle to work scheme and an office bike repair station. Everything you need to keep you on the road from tools and parts to spare lights and a lock.
Want to know more about what it’s like to work at LettUs Grow? Visit our careers page to hear from some of our current staff.
If you have the necessary skills and experience and are interested in this role, you must complete a company application via the link from the 'Apply Now' button. CV's are not accepted.